Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AidanBoy132

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 1, 2022
Hello everyone, I recently got my iPhone 14 Pro and for most circumstances the camera has been great and I think the processing does a good job of improving the photo. But I noticed that if I am in a reasonably dark environment and I choose not to use night mode, photos are much more grainy than they are in the viewfinder. The first photo linked is what I see in the viewfinder, the second is the photo afterward, and the third is the processed photo. This doesn’t happen in night mode and it’s only if I choose to use just the camera in a dark environment. Is this normal? Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_1172.jpeg
    IMG_1172.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 172
  • IMG_1171.jpeg
    IMG_1171.jpeg
    203.4 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1170.png
    IMG_1170.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 104

TamikoParis

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2023
India
To avoid grainy iPhone 14 Pro photos, it is recommended to use good lighting whenever possible, avoid using digital zoom unless absolutely necessary, and experiment with different camera settings and shooting modes to find what works best for your specific situation.

AidanBoy132

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 1, 2022
To avoid grainy iPhone 14 Pro photos, it is recommended to use good lighting whenever possible, avoid using digital zoom unless absolutely necessary, and experiment with different camera settings and shooting modes to find what works best for your specific situation.
Yeah I get that, but do you have any idea why it looks worse than when I was looking at it in the viewfinder?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.