Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TimeSquareDesi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 25, 2013
I'm totes New Yorkian
Hi all,

I'll make this quick - there was a youtube video someone posted on here that people use to showcase the screen on their iphone... I think apple may have used this video too... it's like colorful clouds moving around, etc, and i believe it's 4k.

anyone have the link for this? thank you fam!

vtboyarc

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2011
Hi all,

I'll make this quick - there was a youtube video someone posted on here that people use to showcase the screen on their iphone... I think apple may have used this video too... it's like colorful clouds moving around, etc, and i believe it's 4k.

anyone have the link for this? thank you fam!

The iPhone X does not have a 4k screen, the best you can do is 1080p.
I'd recommend getting a movie on iTunes that has HDR, the HDR adds more to the screen than higher PPI/resolution imho

Reactions: TimeSquareDesi

TimeSquareDesi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 25, 2013
I'm totes New Yorkian
The iPhone X does not have a 4k screen, the best you can do is 1080p.
I'd recommend getting a movie on iTunes that has HDR, the HDR adds more to the screen than higher PPI/resolution imho

ah, good point! thank you for the tip. I was just wondering where that 1 particular video was... i believe apple used it in some of their marketing videos too. i just wanted to play it on my phone, at max brightness, just to see the quality of the thing :) someone posted the link like 2 days ago but i cant find it bc this forum is moving faster than i can type haha

vtboyarc

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2011
ah, good point! thank you for the tip. I was just wondering where that 1 particular video was... i believe apple used it in some of their marketing videos too. i just wanted to play it on my phone, at max brightness, just to see the quality of the thing :) someone posted the link like 2 days ago but i cant find it bc this forum is moving faster than i can type haha

I'm not sure about that particular one, but here is a good one someone else posted on this forum a little while back that I like:

Reactions: TimeSquareDesi
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.