Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danielheren

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2012
I thought I'd try one of the sleep apps and wear my watch to bed, since the battery life has been lasting me about 2 days. Installed Addapp last night at about midnight just before I went to sleep. Someone called from work this morning and woke me up about 45 minutes after I should have been there.

I do not like being late for anything, so I always set 3 alarms every night (5 minutes apart). When I looked at my phone screen this morning, the alarm screen popped up and the green buttons quickly disappeared from the 3 alarms.... awesome.

Not sure if it was the app. I haven't had a chance to look into it yet.

kirkhuffy

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2012
Philadelphia
This raises a question for me... When you go to sleep what do you do with the watch (obviously while charging) so you receive notifications/alerts/etc and your alarm all on your phone for during the night? I, too, set multiple alarms just in case. So I would probably put the watch on the charger around 10 or 11pm and want my phone to go back to alerts. Do you turn the watch off? (My watch arrives tomorrow btw)

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
This raises a question for me... When you go to sleep what do you do with the watch (obviously while charging) so you receive notifications/alerts/etc and your alarm all on your phone for during the night? I, too, set multiple alarms just in case. So I would probably put the watch on the charger around 10 or 11pm and want my phone to go back to alerts. Do you turn the watch off? (My watch arrives tomorrow btw)
When you remove the watch, if you have a passcode set, it locks. I place mine on the charger at night and the phone will sound and receive all notifications at that point. I have a lot of news apps on my phone from which I get notifications on the watch during the day. But at night, with the watch off my wrist, the notifications will go off on the phone so I usually put my phone on vibrate unless I have an alarm set on it. If I do it's the phone that goes off not the watch.

Reactions: kirkhuffy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.