Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Re: Re: P4

Originally posted by crassusad44

And PC-zealots pick ONE test and tells everyone the PC is 300 percent faster....

It goes both ways.

And lets not forget the Mac advantage... Mac OS X. This does not mean that I think Apple should provide Macs with higher clock speed. Hopefully we'll reach 2 GHz in not a too distant future...
Have you even read that page about Macs getting slaugtered again part III or whatever. It does both Photoshop and After Effects.

Since when did PC-zealots pick ONE? I personally do several different ones. 3DSMAX, Maya, Office performance, Photoshop, integer processing, floating point, etc.

And Apple: Photoshop.

razakaze

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2002
Nobody knows what the future brings..

Nobody can really tell what the future bring..
Whether Apple choses to opt for at Power4 derivative or use some future Moto proc, one thing is certain.
Apple must prepare for the 64bit future.

AMD 'n' IBM have both put forward a bid, but one lad is missing, and that fellow is Moto, who could possible come up with something.

I not saying that Apple will go all 64bit next year, but wil most certainly deliver a solution to those who whish to go 64. I predict that Apple could have a solution ready for departure late 2003 early 2004.

Wash!!

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2002
here, there, who knows
I say early 2003

The products for the year are done, Apple is not going to put anything out until the xmas season is done.

But who knows they might pull a fast one and come out the with a must have product.

cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.