Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
In this video the guy has found an astonishing large curved display but maybe its not that great!
Ive got a 2010 27" iMac and want to compare that display with the one used on my iMac... can i do it so i will be able to measure this with something i use and know?

Last edited:

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
I have an Odyssey Neo G9 that I sometimes use with my MBP M1 Max, and my MBA M1. The scaling isn't bad at all. You have to be extremely nit picky, to care about the very slight difference in sharpness. Maybe if you're a graphic designer it might bother you, but other than that, this is just OCD.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Well… I’m a graphic designer and the scaling that occurs on my iMac when I change resolution, yeah it does bother me… so if we are talking about a similar blur then yeah it’s a bother 😐
Why did u pic that monitor for?

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
Well… I’m a graphic designer and the scaling that occurs on my iMac when I change resolution, yeah it does bother me… so if we are talking about a similar blur then yeah it’s a bother 😐
Why did u pic that monitor for?

I simply don’t like putting multiple monitors together. I wanted something seamless. Picture in picture and split screen is a huge plus. Mini LED with local dimming makes it feel like OLED. Gaming on this is amazing, same with working on audio DAW software.

I use it mostly on PC. But when I clamshell my MB to it, I have no issues. I do plan on getting a Mac Mini to use on it as well.

I was also looking at the Odyssey Ark, but you can’t do picture in picture with multiple inputs, just one input and an app. That killed my interest.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
I don’t get the multiple inputs comment 😐

The Ark doesn't allow multiple inputs. Like HDMI 1 and HDMI 2. It only allows one input and an embedded app for picture in picture or side by side. That's a huge con for me.

On the Neo G9 I like to use Windows and MacOS side by side sometimes. And regularly use Apple TV with picture in picture. Can't do that with the Ark.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.