Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaybar

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 11, 2008
Hi I was thinking of the Apple Link Bracelet but am concerned about how easy it will be to manage the butterfly clasp given my hand coordination issues. Also I need to be able to easily remove links if need be.

I tried the Milanese loop, but it ended up scratching my watch, so I gave up on it.

Ideally I would like a deployment band but Apple does not have one.

I have a series 7 Hermes in space black.

Any suggestions?

I would also consider an Hermes leather deployment but would rather have stainless steel. Any experience with the Hermes deployment bands?

jaybar

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 11, 2008
Bump

Any suggestions for great stainless bands with deployment clasps?

andeify

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2012
UK
I have had both the Milanese Loop and the Link Bracelet.

I found the Loop a bit annoying, it always pulled hairs and would slip over time.

The Link Bracelet is my favorite, it is prone to scratches but you can restore it, also you wont be able to scratch the watch with it due to its design. Depending on how limited your movement is you may find it works well (If you can remove an watch strap by yourself you wont have any problem removing the links), if you can get yourself to an Apple store I would advise you try one out.

One more thing, there are multiple Chinese copies available online for as little as £20. I have ordered one to test.

I haven't seen a non-Apple Stainless Steel strap I like.

p8blr

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2016
Wichita, KS
I really like my Nomad band, it magnetically snaps closed, and you press the side buttons to release. Very easy to manage IMO. Not easy to adjust, but it's only something you do once I guess.

Reactions: seajewel

jaybar

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 11, 2008
I have had both the Milanese Loop and the Link Bracelet.

I found the Loop a bit annoying, it always pulled hairs and would slip over time.

The Link Bracelet is my favorite, it is prone to scratches but you can restore it, also you wont be able to scratch the watch with it due to its design. Depending on how limited your movement is you may find it works well (If you can remove an watch strap by yourself you wont have any problem removing the links), if you can get yourself to an Apple store I would advise you try one out.

One more thing, there are multiple Chinese copies available online for as little as £20. I have ordered one to test.

I haven't seen a non-Apple Stainless Steel strap I like.
I went to the Apple Store. Can’t manage the clasp because you need to close both halves in one movement. I tried but could not.

andeify

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2012
UK
I went to the Apple Store. Can’t manage the clasp because you need to close both halves in one movement. I tried but could not.
Oh I see, well I hope you find something that works for you. How about those Flexo straps? never tried one personally.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.