Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lnichols687

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 6, 2018
My iPhone X tonight just had a green line appear vertically along the left side of the screen!!! I have only had this phone for 3 months or so and my wife and son have the same phone for quite awhile with no problems. Disappointing!

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
If the phone is only 3 months old, it should still be under warranty. Make an appointment with your local Apple Store genius bar and have them check it out.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Faulty display or it was subjected to a hard impact. It has happened on the Samsung galaxy phones as well as some iPhone X examples. You just need to take it back to Apple..

Gary171

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2017
I bought a refurbished iphone X in March from Apple...yesterday display had a vertical green line down left side before it stopped working. After 4 phone calls and over 2 hours with Apple support they are sending me a new (refurbed) iphone and I will send my old phone back. I don't understand why this was so hard....a simple google search shows this is a known issue and they put a hold on the credit card for the price of the phone they're sending me until I return the broken device. My impression is Apple products no longer "just work" and dealing with customer support was exceedingly painfull. Maybe it's time to give up my iMac, iPad, airpods, apple watch and macbooks I've purchased over the years and buy cheap Andriod phones and windows computers....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.