Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
OP will blame alcohol and the Lightning port even 10 years from today. LOL.

Please. Just look at an iPhone teardown video. The Lightning port connector is sealed. Liquids cannot enter even if that port is flooded. That’s why iPhone is water resistant.

Your display is busted because of a manufacturing defect, cumulative physical impacts, or bad luck. Choose any combination from the above. It cannot be easily repaired. It will not heal itself. It may get worse.

Last edited:
Reactions: metman888

georgeram

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2023
So several times already the green light went away and came back. This is I think the 7th time this has happened and recently the vertical green light went very light but now there is no vertical green light anymore. Does this mean no need to replace the screen?

Also can you continue to use it even if there is a green vertical line or does it get worst? Also, any issue using wet ones wipes on the screen? What about walfort wipes? I want to avoid alcohol with it from now on but I assume alcohol wiping pads would work because there is little alcohol right?

Also what about buying those iPhone disinfect sanitizers? But would those disinfect cables as well? Imagine a charging cable and it feels on a very nasty floor.

georgeram

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2023
So the green vertical line came back again but it was very light green. Then a bit later it went away. This has happened so many times already and I believe time it was after I used some wipes on it. But people here say any wipes whether alcohol wipes or any wipes can't cause this?
'

But the other times the green vertical line seem to come back is when I put it in my jeans pocket and I believe I have something over it such as my wallet.

Could that mean the wallet is putting pressure on the phone if you have it carry the phone in your jeans cause this?

georgeram

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2023
Okay so a light green vertical line is always there now ever since. But sometimes the green vertical line gets very bright.

Then there is another issue. The top right corner of the iphone... when you power on the iphone or click on it when it's off... it would turn green like a glitch? It happens every single time now.

Then just recently, my iphone screen went green. You could barely check on you are clicking on because the screen is green. It then kept on flashing green over and over. Then after a while, it isn't like that for a bit but then will go back to that. Does this mean the screen is faulty and has to be replaced? I didn't mind that green vertical line that was there originally but now the screen flashes green like it's the green hulk. So going to apple store and having them replace the screen is the best option? How much does that cost and how long does that take? What about ordering the screen on ifixit and bringing it to repairshop and have a repair shop fix it? Or that is not a good idea?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.