Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xxNinjaxx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2010
What do you guys think about these two jailbreaks?
Which one is better? or.. are they both just the same?

Just want opinions so I can decide which one I want to jailbreak my iPod with :cool:
Thanks

burgundyyears

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2010
What do you guys think about these two jailbreaks?
Which one is better? or.. are they both just the same?

Just want opinions so I can decide which one I want to jailbreak my iPod with :cool:
Thanks

Limera1n worked fine for me on iPT4 4.1. The only trick is to follow the directions EXACTLY. (Only press and let go exactly the buttons it tells you to only when it tells you to.

lanulos

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2010
So is Greenpois0n tethered or not? Originally they said it would be tethered but they've changed the exploit and I can't find a mention of tethering on the Greenpois0n pages at jailbreakmatrix.com.

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
So is Greenpois0n tethered or not? Originally they said it would be tethered but they've changed the exploit and I can't find a mention of tethering on the Greenpois0n pages at jailbreakmatrix.com.

It actual jailbreak is tethered, but they use a userland exploit to allow it to be untethered.

battlekid

macrumors regular
What the non-geeks need to know is it's untethered for 4.1. Greenpois0n is more stable and Geohot stole comex's exploit for limera1n. And Greenpois0n is WAY more stable. And Greenpois0n is the offical chronic dev team JB.

aznguyen316

macrumors 68010
Oct 1, 2008
Tampa, FL
My vote is greenpois0n... I had limera1n and it JB'd fine but I had a lot of instability. Crashes, reboots, app crashes. Loaded up same packages on greenpois0n via pkgbackup and have seen none of that!

wolfboy

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2010
Purely anectodal, but Greenpoison's probably more stable. When resetting the springboard with Limerain, the little "loading circle" would always overlap with the apple logo. My iPod was also stuck looping that screen so I was forced to restore it and re-jailbreak with Greenpoison instead. Also little other things with Limerain like going into iTunes and having all the apps not inside of folders in the App Sync screen.

tablo13

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
My vote is greenpois0n... I had limera1n and it JB'd fine but I had a lot of instability. Crashes, reboots, app crashes. Loaded up same packages on greenpois0n via pkgbackup and have seen none of that!

Weird, mine's the opposite. Apps crash more frequently than I did with limera1n before (different device though)

Froast

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2011
Jailbroke my iPod Touch 2G MC with greenpois0n RC5, worked beautifully, I haven’t notices anything out of the ordinary.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.