Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
That's nice, but why not "update" this game now to a version 1.x with these new features and start collecting the revenue 1,5 years ago?
No clue. I am just spitballing on why it could have been late (in a way that is helpful to us) otherwise the assumption is other projects took priority and they are just now getting around to finishing this one.

Reactions: MacsRgr8

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Original poster
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
Would that not require OS support to be native?
With or without proper native steering wheel support?
I expect similar to the way the current Grid Autosport supports wheels in Sonoma.
My G27 works fine with the game itself... I just need to plug it as the game starts...

Maybe, maybe... macOS 14.2 supports the wheels perhaps? Possibly? Could it? I wish...

Feek

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
JO01
Would that not require OS support to be native?
Yes, yes it would. As was promised when macOS Ventura was announced on 6th June 2022 but which we still don't have.

Maybe, maybe... macOS 14.2 supports the wheels perhaps? Possibly? Could it? I wish...
Oh, oh I hope so. I know there's only a couple of us here still banging on about this and it appears to have largely been forgotten, but I live in hope.

Reactions: MacsRgr8

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
Played through 4 races of Season 1. It is fine. I had to swap to my PS5 controller because the game doesn't recognize my 8bit-do controller.

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Original poster
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
My G27 works fine in the game!

It's just that I have to plug it in just before starting the game. Otherwise macOS Sonoma makes it behave erratically, as before.
Sp no change: macOS Sonoma does not support the wheel, the game itself does.

Reactions: diamond.g
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.