Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

testcard

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
Northumbria, UK
Received mine yesterday and very pleased so far, although it did occur to me that Griffin could have made the Loop 25% smaller whilst still retaining the same stability.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
When I was at the Apple store last week I took at look at the "Loop...." and ruled it out. Too big, not portable enough. For just quickly sticking my iPad into a stand I use a Gibson 3-wire stand (Amazon) and this folds up nicely for transport, or I can now use my recently-received Moviepeg holders, which are also transportable.

Gibson 3-wire stand:
3A-white.jpg

JayMysterio

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
I don't believe the Loop was ever intended to be a stand for being carried around. It was made to have that 'artsy' look, that would fit in with other modern looking Apple products.

Like you I have a few of those wire stands that I purchased from my local arts & crafts store. Great for portable propping of the iPad for viewing, but not so great for playing Plants Vs Zombies or doing anything needed for a steady ( such as typing ) reclined position.

The Griffin Loop has become one of my favorite iPad related purchases.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.