Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 31, 2003
I just tried it out and really love it! Wow, this is going to be a really awesome feature. Don't really need google hangouts or facebook messenger anymore to have group calls. I hope they bring in more features to group facetime such as camera effects, memoji/animoji support, etc.

Really loving this a lot!

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
I just tried it out and really love it! Wow, this is going to be a really awesome feature. Don't really need google hangouts or facebook messenger anymore to have group calls. I hope they bring in more features to group facetime such as camera effects, memoji/animoji support, etc.

Hi Tim

Reactions: Older bird

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011

So we are talking about iOS 12.1 Beta 1 then?

Reactions: 212rikanmofo

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 31, 2003
I'm not exactly sure, but so far it's working on iPhone 6 and up. As long as you can install iOS 12 on the device then I'll sure it'll work.

Reactions: AlliFlowers

sumsingwong

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2012
Except now you're restricted to only iPhone users. At least with messenger and hangouts, they were cross platform.

Reactions: sean000

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Except now you're restricted to only iPhone users. At least with messenger and hangouts, they were cross platform.
But then you have to get everybody to agree to install messenger or hangouts. I don't use facebook and have hangouts installed but only one person I know has hangouts. My entire family is iphone and I am looking forward to be able to group facetime with them.

Reactions: 212rikanmofo

sean000

macrumors 68000
Jul 16, 2015
Bellingham, WA

Yeah... we mostly FaceTime with the grandparents and cousins. One set of grandparents use Android. Everyone else uses iOS. They get left out of so much because I’m the only iOS user willing to cross post photos to Google or use Hangouts or Skype.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.