Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mark824

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 22, 2014
Hi all,

I have an iPhone X running latest iOS. I have a group messaging going with 6 of us. Only one is an Android user. Last weekend I stopped getting any messages on that thread even though they would get min, I would not see the response. Then late at night, all the messages from earlier in the day all came in at once.

I went through the normal, check/uncheck SMS/MMS/Rest Network Settings etc.. I even backed up my phone then erased my phone and restored it. I thought I had it figured out and started to get messages on the thread again. Then yesterday one of the people on the thread texted if anyone was doing anything later (the android user), I never got it.

I am thinking I may need to wipe phone clean and not use a backup and manually enter the info rather than using a backup.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
My guess is that you wasted your time. It’s more likely a temporary server problem than anything on your device. The only thing I would look at on your phone is settings. Did you mute the conversation, for example?

mark824

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 22, 2014
I am still having the problems. No matter what I have tried I still have the same problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.