Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Madwitch

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2013
North Yorkshire, UK
Grrr - I absolutely hate the grouped conversations in MacMail! I know I can change the settings for each individual conversation, but I don't seem able to permanently disable this facility. I thought you could do it through Mail/Preferences/Viewing but all is unchecked, yet conversations still group. Driving me nuts! (Running Big Sur on 2020 Macbook Pro). Anyone know how to disable this please?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-05-04 at 16.50.09.png
    Screenshot 2022-05-04 at 16.50.09.png
    167.8 KB · Views: 106

TimothyinLondon

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2023
This works for that email - but it doesn't affect any other emails. Even if it deleted the feature in that folder it would still be no good for me - I have hundreds of themed folders (actually nearly 2000). This rather absurd number suits me - I can find what I am looking for even if I have no idea who sent a mail or what its subject line was. But I don't want any mails in any folders to be organised by conversation - ever. I want to disable this feature totally, for all emails no matter where they are, and I have no idea how to do it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.