Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BigDO

macrumors 65816
Dec 9, 2012
Absolutely laughable. Akin to a drunk guy at the pub who thinks that because he delivered his opinion loudly and with aplomb, people must agree and RESPECT HIS AUTHORITY. What a dumbass. He’s lost all credibility in my eyes.

Reactions: thadoggfather

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Absolutely laughable. Akin to a drunk guy at the pub who thinks that because he delivered his opinion loudly and with aplomb, people must agree and RESPECT HIS AUTHORITY. What a dumbass. He’s lost all credibility in my eyes.

It’s a good clown-like follow up to all the backlash he got on MR for suggesting “what if” Apple were to make a $1500 phone, instead of what was then the rumored $999 price point for X, essentially suggesting its power and feature set would be limitless if Apple could charge that tier of pricing in future models after X. It later prompted him to post a rebuttal on his blog which he linked that specific thread of people repeatedly asking, more or less, just how far out of touch is Gruber, exactly?

https://daringfireball.net/2017/07/speculation_on_new_iphone_pricing

Reactions: kazmac

Shinigami301

Suspended
Jun 5, 2010
cogito, ergo zoom.
Exactly.

I quite enjoyed The Talk Show upto about March ‘16. I remember him saying prior to that how if he was ever to do anything else other than Daring Fireball, it’d be a political blog. If he had done that separately, maybe I’d still visit his current site.

Instead, we got his existing blog permeated with recycled, warmed over fud from like minded people in his friends list, all of whom have exactly zero real life sources.

At least with regard to Apple, he does appear to have real sources.

It’s all a bit sad tbh. I think the same about people’s blogs with equally insular, but polar opposite viewpoints. I’m not being partisan, it’s the hysteria I actively try to avoid.

I checked out on him and his friends a few years before that, but I completely agree with everything you say here. He is reprehensible.

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
Not surprising, given the fact that he said it was okay to charge "$1500" for an iPhone. :rolleyes: He was losing credibility with me long before that, but between the politics, price points and now this? Nope.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.