Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rubycon22000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 7, 2020
United Kingdom
Hi,
I recently upgraded to Mojave from High Sierra (dosdude patched) on my Mac Pro 3,1, using a mac gt120 card I have. I applied the legacy videocard driver patch and all recommended patches. It all works fine - with the gt120. However the GT710 is not detected by the system. It appears to boot just fine, but no video output. Is it possible for the patch to have messed up native support for the GT710?

Thanks in advance
Steve

patthedog

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
Sounds like a similar situation I've found myself in. I've been happily running Dosdude1 High Sierra on my Mac Pro 3,1 with a Nvidia GTX 650 TI

I tried (and failed) a clean install on a new partition with Dosdude1 Mojave but now the Nvidia GTX 650 TI isn't recognised at all. No video output even if I try to boot from my previous High Sierra or El Capitan partitions (which still boot fine if I replace the Nvidia with the original ATI 2600 XT).

I'm wondering if the Dosdude Mojave installer somehow broke my Nvidia GTX 650 TI?

georgia-ctsv

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2019
Valdosta, Ga.
You'll have to do a fresh install with the new card in GT710 with no legacy patches. Unfortunately there is no way to remove the legacy patch without doing a clean install with the GT710 instaled. I'm running the same card with no issues on Dosdudes patch.

Rubycon22000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 7, 2020
United Kingdom
You'll have to do a fresh install with the new card in GT710 with no legacy patches. Unfortunately there is no way to remove the legacy patch without doing a clean install with the GT710 instaled. I'm running the same card with no issues on Dosdudes patch.
Sorry, only just seen this. Thanks for replying. It’s as you said, I just updated to 10.15.5 and didn’t apply the video patch and the card is fine. Now I just have to figure out if the tiny bit of speed increase is worth loss of the efi bios screen of the gt120. If only there was a way to install the patch and get them both to play nice it would be great.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland

I'm extrapolating here but is clean-installing Mojave…connected to a hackintosh with the GT710, which is supported in Mojave, different than a clean install performed on an drive connected externally on a MacBook Pro and then inserted into the hackintosh?

georgia-ctsv

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2019
Valdosta, Ga.
Easier to just boot from the install usb then wipe hard drive using utilities then restore from Time Machine from a date before your issues. You'll need to run your hackintosh software again to install your patches for your hardware after.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.