Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sky Blue

Original poster
Jan 8, 2005
Ben Feder, Chief Executive Officer of Take-Two, commented, "Obviously, we are very disappointed to reduce guidance after having previously reaffirmed it. Other than a matter of timing, the movement of Grand Theft Auto IV does not compromise Take-Two in any way. We are in sound financial condition and have a great product line up. Grand Theft Auto IV is going to be the defining next generation video game action adventure."

Strauss Zelnick, Chairman of Take-Two, stated, "With Grand Theft Auto IV, Rockstar is setting a new standard for next generation video games. Certain elements of development proved to be more time-intensive than expected, especially given the commitment for a simultaneous release on two very different platforms. We all recognize that perfecting the game is vital and I can assure everyone it will be worth the wait. We owe it to the game's millions of fans, to our dedicated development team, and to our shareholders to make sure that Grand Theft Auto IV is a groundbreaking gaming experience that takes maximum advantage of next generation technology."

Sam Houser, Founder and Executive Producer of Rockstar Games, added, "The new consoles are allowing us to create the Grand Theft Auto game we always dreamed about. Every aspect of the game and its design has been completely transformed. The game is huge and is pushing the hardware platforms to their absolute limits. The top engineers from Sony and Microsoft are working closely with the team in Edinburgh right now, helping us to fully leverage the power of both platforms. As always, our goal is to surpass even the wildest expectations of the game's fans, and to create the ultimate high definition video game experience."

http://ir.take2games.com/ReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=258238

Coded-Dude

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2007
Sacramento, CA
only exclusive content, no exclusive window - (in the form of purchasable extended/extra episodes/missions via LIVE)
Meaning you will get the "complete" experience on 360, but that it will cost you more as well. ;)

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
only exclusive content, no exclusive window - (in the form of purchasable extended/extra episodes/missions via LIVE)
Meaning you will get the "complete" experience on 360, but that it will cost you more as well. ;)

Or, if you're British and buy from the high street (and if trends continues) you'll be paying between £35-39 for the 360 version or £45-49 for the PS3 version. I can't believe it still costs more to buy Sonic the Hedgehog PS3 than the 360 version. You could easily pay the same price as the PS3 version and get all them extras...

You're actually criticising the 360 version because it's the only version with extra missions? I thought that was the PS3 experience all over - end up paying more for a "fuller" experience?

Coded-Dude

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2007
Sacramento, CA
there was no criticism in my post.......:confused:
MacNut seemed confused as to what exclusivities actually existed(if any), I merely posted the facts.

I have no problem paying extra for the content/features I think are worth the cost(PS3 is worth it :p)
I am in no way saying the extra episodic content is NOT going to be worth the costs.....only that it will actually cost you.

SpankyPenzaanz

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2006
Huzzah!!! Just never cared for the series. I hope this spurs M$ into releasing Mass Effect in Oct now instead of Nov. Then agian I will wait as long as necessary for bioware to give me mass effect

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
YES! Thanks the gaming gods for this one. This fall is psycho anyway so now I will actually be able to enjoy my other games :)

Most impressions I read said the framerate was a wreck and there was lots of clipping and bugs and the such, and that was on fairly recent builds so it's probably a good thing anyway that they delayed it.

besides I bet it's all cuz they can't fit it all on one DVD without using the hard drive *cough360cough*..... :D

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
^ lol

I am wondering who this benefits more (or if anyone)?

It's good for Sony because it puts the light on their big games, R&C, Uncharted (although that may be pushed back) Lair (even if it sucks :p) Warhawk Heavenly Sword, UT3 plus all the other 3rd party stuff. Plus, it also makes Q1/2 good for Sony since they could have MGS4, Killzone 2 and then GTAIV which is a good winter/spring hit of games.

MS doesn't have the huge 1st party stuff this holiday I don't think (correct me if I'm wrong) and is pushing Mass Effect (*drool) Bioshock (*drool*) and Halo 3 hard but beyond that I don't think they have many more big exclusives.

applekid

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2003
This is great news. Now I know I won't be spending money on a game in October, I think I might put some effort into getting the redesigned PSP for that month.

zero2dash

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2006
Fenton, MO
Hell I may be one of the only ones (maybe MRU and 2ny will back me up tho :D) but I'm happy about this; I'll have enough games for the next year to keep me busy (especially once Bioshock, Eternal Sonata, and SSF2T:HD come out).

Most of us already have too many games on our "to buy" list, I don't think this is really that earth-shattering, honestly. ;)

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
This is bad for me. The only 2 games I want on a "next gen" system are Halo 3 and GTA4. But after just seeing Halo 3's E32007 trailer I'm being very cautious. And now the only 360 game I'm blindly wanting has dropped off into 2008. Still, I'll have Prime and Galaxy to tide me over, and Mario Kart, Smash Bros and GTA4 for the first bit of '08.

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
Well its not a total lost....we have bioshock, MP:C, warhawk, HS, Lair, Silent Hill: 0rigins coming out which I want so this is really cool for me.

Anytime a game is delayed could be a good thing....tweak that thing to death devs but sometimes they hold it back because of congestion and this fall is really saturated.

Bless

JackAxe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2004
In a cup of orange juice.
I haven't played GTA since it was in DOS. :eek:

I've watched friend's play along with some of their kids and it never really appealed to me. To much running around. kind of like WoW. :)

<]=)

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Hell I may be one of the only ones (maybe MRU and 2ny will back me up tho :D) but I'm happy about this; I'll have enough games for the next year to keep me busy (especially once Bioshock, Eternal Sonata, and SSF2T:HD come out).

Most of us already have too many games on our "to buy" list, I don't think this is really that earth-shattering, honestly. ;)

Yeah I can certainly have your back. I'm kind of relieved, especially since a lot of mine are RPG's and there simply isnt enough hours to play all the games already on our lists as it is :D

So - no it doesn't bother me.

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
Zero, I'm backing you on that one.....its just too congested for me....this is a sign of relief.

I hope this game lives up to it though...this is the only GTA i'm actually interested in playing.

Bless

sarcosis

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2006
These United States
I also agree with zero and 2nyRiggz. I was looking at quite a bill of video games. I'm relieved that there is one less. Halo 3, Mass Effect, and Rock Band/GHIII are quite a bill to be footing for things. I can finally save some cash for the others and can get GTA IV when it does come out better for the 360.

Also, I love Michel Pachter's theory for the reason of this delay. Got to love the hard to program for game development platforms. It costs tons of money now to do it on 360. PS3 is costing even more. Got to love it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.