Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

myrtledog

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 15, 2015
Last edited:

fatTribble

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio
This is a really impressive use of the technology. I’ve never bought anything from Gucci and had no intention of watching the entire video. They made it so immersive that I wanted to watch. The plane flying overhead, the rain in the room, and the many other effects are really fantastic!

Good recommendation!

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
I was pleasantly surprised too. I don't follow or care much about high fashion, jewelry, or accessories (though I bet some of the items in the video are more expensive than the AVP). But I agree it's an impressive use of the AVP. That most of the content is a 2D presentation I'm sure made it less costly to produce, but the VR add-ons make it more compelling.

I'd like to see other companies follow suit, if only by making it easy to look at their products the way Gucci's offerings appear. Best Buy has a new app for the AVP, but I found it hard to use. For one thing, it doesn't seem to have a search function.

ZombiePhysicist

macrumors 68030
May 22, 2014
It hurt my soul as to how bad and narcissistic that app was. It's the equivalent of getting a mac in 1984 and making a letter using every font so it looks like a ransom note. The sheer lack of taste is truly monumental. It also made me wish all he marketing people responsible would jump off a cliff along with their oh-so-modest ceo. There were so many bad cliches, it feels like Im assisting in a hate crime by watching it. Just terrible.

Yes, a few flourishes of the AR abilities, but I feel injured having suffered through it. It makes me wish I could light it on fire, as disinfectant of my system, as I uninstalled it.

Calling it terrible does an injustice to all other terrible things.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.