Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tumeg101

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Orange County, California
I know this is probably impossible, but I was just wondering...
I am planning to buy a new MacBook, soon after leopard is released, and I was wondering... If I installed windows on my MacBook via bootcamp, would guild wars run fine on it?? I know it wont be as good as with the MBP, but I was just wondering, if I had everything on the lowest option, could it run fairly well on an MB??

dual

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2007
England
I tried it out of curiosity, and it does run quite well at low/medium settings. In the more crowded outposts (especially in nightfall), you get quite a bit of lag while the client catches up with all of the data it is recieving.

Overall its certainly playable. Should have no problems playing the original really.

Tumeg101

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
I tried it out of curiosity, and it does run quite well at low/medium settings. In the more crowded outposts (especially in nightfall), you get quite a bit of lag while the client catches up with all of the data it is recieving.

Overall its certainly playable. Should have no problems playing the original really.

Awesome! Thanks, and how much ram did the computer have that you tried it on?

Tumeg101

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Standard macbook with 512mb ram. Well the standard one before they updated the store.

Sweet!!! So that means it should be able to run almost perfectly on Low\Medium settings on the newest MacBooks?? and when I buy mine, people are saying they might upgrade the graphics, so even more of a confirmation that I can play it :D
Thanks for the help

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.