Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which is a better app ??

• Guitarist

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • Pocketguitar

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

sookainian

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2008
Singapore
Can some kind soul please help me... I tried doing my own research on Mac Forums, Youtube, Google etc. But no luck.

I'm currently thinking of buying a guitar app. But i'm not sure which is a better one...

Guitarist or PocketGuitar ??

I think this is the first and only thread in this forum. I really hope all those who own Guitarist or Pocketguitar to reply to my thread. As it will also help other people like me who is still deciding which to buy.

Cheers !!

Kenny

PhaserFuzz

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2007
Guitarist hands down. You can do so much more with it. The only advantage Pocket Guitar has over Guitarist is that you can adjust how many frets are shown at a time. Guitarist you're limited to 6.

gospel9

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2008
I have both and I use guitarist most of the time.

Pocket guitar has a Bassist mode, guitarist dosent.
And the ability to change the size of the visible frets area...

Personally I also like the visuals (the green neon) more on pocket guitar.
Pocket guitar's sounds are no where near the quality of guitarist, but it is not bad. It also has accelerometer effects.

At a price of a dollar, I think it's a worth the try.
Neither will ever simulate playing on a real guitar no matter how hard you try.
If you are not sure whether or not you will actually enjoy playing guitar on the iPhone at all, I suggest you try pocket guitar first as it is cheaper and it gets most of the job done.

If you absolutely have to choose a better one, guitarist is better.
But you will also find cases when pocket guitar is better too. Considering the prices now, it really won't hurt to try both.

LostLogik

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2008
Well, I never got pocketguitar but am impressed with guitarist. Would prefer it if it had a sequencer built in as well allowing auto play, which would really make it a killer app but then it would need to export as well... then if I could integrate into beatmaker ... Oh, dreams ...

sookainian

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2008
Singapore
Well, I never got pocketguitar but am impressed with guitarist. Would prefer it if it had a sequencer built in as well allowing auto play, which would really make it a killer app but then it would need to export as well... then if I could integrate into beatmaker ... Oh, dreams ...

Cool u're also a beatmaker user !! me 2 !! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.