Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pauly1

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 13, 2013
I was chewing gum in my bed before i went to sleep. I woke up and noticed that the gum was on the bed. I then noticed i had left on my iphone on the bed and the gum is stuck to the screen and most of the edge of it. My iphone screen has gum stuck on most of the screen.

How do i get rid of the gum on the screen? I been using myfingers to get gum on of the screen and it does not help at all. Basically the screen looks like gum all over it and also the sides of it as well. My iphone case is still on it etc.
[doublepost=1495365412][/doublepost]Basically right now you see gum residue all over the iphone SE screen as it seemed i made it worst by trying to rip the gum out from the screen.

Thanks.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Grim. Get some laptop/phone screen cleaner (Dr Magic or something similar), spray it over the phone, then scrub it out using a microfibre cloth. That'll do the trick.

Reactions: 44267547

canuckRus

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2014
How do i get rid of the gum on the screen? I been using myfingers to get gum on of the screen and it does not help at all. Basically the screen looks like gum all over it and also the sides of it as well. My iphone case is still on it etc.
[doublepost=1495365412][/doublepost]Basically right now you see gum residue all over the iphone SE screen as it seemed i made it worst by trying to rip the gum out from the screen.

Put ice in plastic bag, place bag on screen?

Last edited:
Reactions: pandi.ruvina

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I was chewing gum in my bed before i went to sleep. I woke up and noticed that the gum was on the bed. I then noticed i had left on my iphone on the bed and the gum is stuck to the screen and most of the edge of it. My iphone screen has gum stuck on most of the screen.

Thanks.

You should take a picture and post it if possible. I would be interested in seeing your predicament. KeysofAnxiety made the best suggestion.

pauly1

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 13, 2013
Hey all i used a wipe on the iphone and the glue seems to be out of there.

My clear case however still has a bit of gum. Would you suggest using something else for that?

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
You can try putting it in the freezer for a couple of hours. That will make the gum brittle and should come off easily. Also WD-40 will clean off most anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.