Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asif786

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 17, 2004
London, UK.
Hey,

I read that H.264 videos can still be read in quicktime 6 - does anyone have a copy of an H.264 video they have encoded? I just wanna see what all the fuss is about... :rolleyes:

thanks,
/asif

daveL

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2003
Montana
I'm sure you could google it and find samples on the net. From what I'm know, QT6 has mpeg4 part 3, without b-frame support (which Divx uses). H.264, aka mpeg4 part 10 comes with Tiger; I'm not aware of any H.264 support in QT6.

rendezvouscp

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2003
Long Beach, California
I've tried encoding some movies (DV streams from iMovie) in QuickTime in the latest builds of Tiger (the ones officially released to developers), and I haven't been successful. It takes an unearthly amount of time to encode on my Dual 2 (3+ hours on a ten minute movie on average). It usually encodes the sound and one frame of the movie (the rest is black), or every other frame. As soon as I can get one that works, I'll post it. In the mean time, do a search on Google, and you'll pull up some examples.
-Chase

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.