Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Anybody watching this one? First episode built the suspense... still a lot of questions and holes in the plot to fill in...

MacMan2013

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2023
Watching this, enjoying it so far. Idris Elba is one of those actors who rarely makes anything bad.

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
I find it very addictive, I really like it. Not sure if it is realistic but for some reason, I am getting hooked to it.

contacos

macrumors 601
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
The hijackers don’t really seem all that threatening. I found the old Harrison Ford movie „Air Force One“ from the 90s much more threatening. Overall it gives me very „Canadian“ prime time tv production vibes

wba1990

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2015
Birmingham, England
Decided to watch this yesterday and really enjoying it, binged the first 4 episodes, didn't realise they were weekly episodes

Hoped I could just binge the series in 1 sitting, looking forward to the next episode, but think I'm gunna wait till they are all out before carrying on (think there's only 3 more to come)

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
That last episode was ridiculous. It feels like it was a filler. Too bad, because I kind of liked it, so far.

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
I am having trouble understanding some of the conversations - I guess I"m not good at English English

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
Really ridiculous the car hidden in the forest and the reaction of the minister. I liked the tension at the end, although that new character coming out from nowhere is a bit ridiculous. Too bad because it could be a great show.

Reactions: AZhappyjack

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Really ridiculous the car hidden in the forest and the reaction of the minister. I liked the tension at the end, although that new character coming out from nowhere is a bit ridiculous. Too bad because it could be a great show.
Yeah, the gun-toting chick came out of nowhere and shoots the pilot. But no worries, apparently she can fly a jumbo jet, too.
emoji15.png
emoji15.png

Reactions: gigatoaster

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
I mean I understand it’s a TV show and it must appeal to a wide audience but come on a little bit of realism or at least not too much of inconsistencies, isn’t it too much to ask?

Look the scene with the kid. What is it supposed to bring to the story? Is he going to get caught and use as leverage or what? And the mother, where is she now?

I hope we have a conclusion at the end of the season. And the baddies…they are just criminals, that’s it?

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I finished the series, I wish there was more, and maybe dig into these families a bit more. I feel like it's unfinished, like I am left wanting more.

cardfan

macrumors 601
Mar 23, 2012
So the first series I could muster through on atv and it started off well. I’m impressed by the audio and video quality. Hdr looked great. Shows on atv always look best imo using Apple TV of all the streaming services. It’s just finding something worth watching that’s a struggle.

That last episode though. Ugh. But still watchable.

Smartwatchlover

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2017
Rome
Just watched till the last episode.
Coming from 15 years of airlines and an entire life as aviation geek: my goodness, the amount of technical mistakes and non sense is huge!

For me it’s a big no!

Mercifull

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2012
Just watched till the last episode.
Coming from 15 years of airlines and an entire life as aviation geek: my goodness, the amount of technical mistakes and non sense is huge!

For me it’s a big no!
You don't even need to know much about aviation at all to see the 30,000ft wide plot holes! I enjoyed it as a limited series though and there was sufficiently enough left open for pondering (and a potential S2) while still wrapping up the actual hijack story. I think the only thing that actually disappointed me was that the Sam character wasn't ultimately revealed as the instigator of the whole thing...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.