Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mdwsta4

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Since purchasing AirPods, I really wanted to use them as a cordless workout solution that was not my phone. I also have zero interest in purchasing an Apple Watch. At first I purchased a 7th gen Nano for $75 thinking it'd work since it has bluetooth, but like many other threads stated, the volume would not go above a whisper.

Then I started to look for bluetooth transmitter/receivers to attach to my shuffle. $15 later... I can now use my Shuffle and AirPods. The solution may not be the prettiest, but it works great! Used electrical tape to connect the two pieces and it's basically like two Shuffles are taped together. Clip still functions so I can clip it anywhere and be on my way. May look for an even shorter cable with L ends, but for the time being this is fine.

If anyone else is interested in doing the same, here's the part: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YCWEBSY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Has anyone else done the same or something similar? More elegant solution?

02524100842644-vi.jpg

13524100853814-vi.jpg

25524100865882-vi.jpg

Reactions: drysdalk

mdwsta4

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Yep, easy to pair. Just have to hold down the button on the back of the AirPods.

bingeciren

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2011
How is the sound quality? I have a similar small BT adapter and the sound coming out of it is clearly inferior compared to the source.

SierraNevada

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2017
Now that's a great idea...I have been sadly disappointed that my 7G Nano can't really be used due to the volume issue. I prefer keeping my music off my phone, plus it's so light weight. I'm sure I can use this transmitter with my Nano and get around the volume issue. One more gizmo, but it's still much more portable than a phone...

noemmelkonyan

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2018
Since purchasing AirPods, I really wanted to use them as a cordless workout solution that was not my phone. I also have zero interest in purchasing an Apple Watch. At first I purchased a 7th gen Nano for $75 thinking it'd work since it has bluetooth, but like many other threads stated, the volume would not go above a whisper.

Then I started to look for bluetooth transmitter/receivers to attach to my shuffle. $15 later... I can now use my Shuffle and AirPods. The solution may not be the prettiest, but it works great! Used electrical tape to connect the two pieces and it's basically like two Shuffles are taped together. Clip still functions so I can clip it anywhere and be on my way. May look for an even shorter cable with L ends, but for the time being this is fine.

If anyone else is interested in doing the same, here's the part: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YCWEBSY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Has anyone else done the same or something similar? More elegant solution?

02524100842644-vi.jpg

13524100853814-vi.jpg

25524100865882-vi.jpg

hi, so i bought an iPod shuffle 4 and I bought the jetech! and I don't have the AirPods yet , but I tried it on my Sony xd10 , DOES not CONNECT :(((( r u sure It will connect with AirPods ?

mdwsta4

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
hi, so i bought an iPod shuffle 4 and I bought the jetech! and I don't have the AirPods yet , but I tried it on my Sony xd10 , DOES not CONNECT :(((( r u sure It will connect with AirPods ?

You're asking about two products I don't have. I'm using a 3rd gen shuffle with air pods and everything works fine as I initially posted about. I can't comment on the adapter working with any other generation of ipod or any other brand of headphones.

reedhburton

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2023
Hey sorry to bump an old thread. Just dusted off an old ipod shuffle. Do you have a working link for that product? The old one is broken. Thanks!

nashjay.234

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2023
United States
That's a clever workaround to make your AirPods compatible with your Shuffle for a cordless workout solution! It's great that you found a cost-effective solution and that it's working well for you. The use of a Bluetooth transmitter/receiver is a creative way to address the limitations of the Nano's volume.

If you're looking for a more elegant solution, you might consider exploring other short cables with L ends, as you mentioned, or checking for Bluetooth adapters specifically designed for the iPod Shuffle. As technology advances, there may be more options available.

It's always interesting to hear about users' innovative solutions to make their tech work for their specific needs. If others have similar experiences or suggestions, they might share them in forums or communities, providing additional insights into alternative setups or improvements.

Mikozix

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2024
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.