Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bernie-Mac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 30, 2007
Sin City, NV
Ok so as of now, there is no hacking on the iphone available short of AppTapp installer? Because i want to do a few minor cosmetic changes but dont want to go through the process of installing apptapp, BSD, cyberduck and all that so should i just wait a lil bit because i saw hacktheiphone.com was working on a new method for doing simple mods with the 7.4.1. update?

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Obviously if you dont want to install AppTap and BSD you will have to wait; remember any all-in-one app is going to install some BSD unix files you just wont be saying install the BSD package from Installer.. So really what is the question? Why is installing an FTP program a big deal, its pretty much a utility like DiskUtility? If you want to deal with customizing you will have to have certain programs, FTP is one of them. Its like asking why you have to have a browser to surf the internet.\

The thing about customizing the iPhone is that you start out only wanting to do some minor mods and you end up with a whole lot more.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.