Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nbritton

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 22, 2008
So I'm very disappointed with the new MBP. Can anyone recommend a Hackintosh compatible notebook with the following:

32GB user-replaceable Memory.
Samsung NVMe SSD M.2.
UHS-II SD Card Reader.
USB Type-A Ports.

Last edited:

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
There are other forums out there for your specific need. I don't know if I am allowed to suggest. Since you know the term, I am sure you can google it and this is not the right forum for that kind of help. Over there, you will get help with everything from building it up to running it. The only thing you will have to do yourself is pay for it. ;)

robo456

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2008
New Jersey
There are other forums out there for your specific need. I don't know if I am allowed to suggest. Since you know the term, I am sure you can google it and this is not the right forum for that kind of help. Over there, you will get help with everything from building it up to running it. The only thing you will have to do yourself is pay for it. ;)

Maybe he should ask Tony about mac on a x86... :cool:

--rob

Reactions: macintoshmac

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
And there it is, straight from MR's mouth. That answers the rules question. :D
Its a gray area ;)

To be honest, I've created a hackintosh back in the day, and I use InsanelyMac's forums. Its not something that we talk about alot here in MR, so while we don't like driving traffic offsite, that is usually frowned upon, this is one of those instances where the topic is better handled elsewhere

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
this is one of those instances where the topic is better handled elsewhere

True. Totally true. This is not the right forum for discussing hackintoshes. And yes, my foray into the Apple world was with a hackintosh. It cost me exactly 25% of the cost of the MBP. 5 years later, I was the owner of a Late 2011 MBP 15. Hacks are a great cost-effective way for a lot of people out there to experience the Mac powerfully with all ports intact and nothing to crib about. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.