Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StokeLee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 30, 2005
Stoke-on-Trent. Midlands, UK
please dont continue if your squirmish,,,
back in hospital on friday to remove one screw, but that leaves five in and a metal plate,
the foto's were taken by myself, bit hard to do, with a canon ixus 700 (USA Canon SD500)

they prompted me to get a tripod yesterday, which i find helps loads, hope when i can walk, more good, and some great pics to follow,,,

Lee

Attachments

• IMG_0304.JPG
    IMG_0304.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_0303.JPG
    IMG_0303.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0302.JPG
    IMG_0302.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 145

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Nice pictures. The incisions appear to be healing nicely. Granulation is progressing normally. Sounds as though you had a fracture, what was the actual injury and surgery? Interested since I'm a nurse. ;)

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
What happened to your foot/ankle? I would really be interested to know, as those gashes are pretty long, you have 5 screws, a metal plate, and had worn a plaster cast...

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
Don't wanna sound weird, but I like the pics. Especially the first one for some reason. Almost looks inhuman. muh hahahahaha :D ;)

Yea but what happened? Blade slip? or something?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
tech4all said:
Don't wanna sound weird, but I like the pics. Especially the first one for some reason. Almost looks inhuman. muh hahahahaha :D ;)

Hmm... You're a worry. :p

Nah, I kind of know what you mean. They're sort of appealing although I probably wouldn't go so far as to say I "like" them.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
mad jew said:
Hmm... You're a worry. :p

Nah, I kind of know what you mean. They're sort of appealing although I probably wouldn't go so far as to say I "like" them.

LOL, yea that does sound a bit odd now that I read again. I dunno, I'm just sorta intrigued by recovery wounds, provided it's not too gross. I'm not sure why, I just am. And unlike wdlove, I'm not even in the medical field, at least he has an explanation as to why he is intrigued by them :eek: ;)

I should have seen that they were interesting to look at instead of 'I like the pics'.

EDIT: And oh yeah, the part of it looking inhuman (the first one). Since it's a close up shot and you can't see the rest of the leg you don't immediately ID as "human". Just the way some close up photos look at first. To tell you the truth, that's the one I'm really intrigued by.

StokeLee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 30, 2005
I did it playing football, my ankle broke in three places, and either my tendon, or ligament got severed,,,,,
My first operation repaired the tendon/ligament, and the docs inserted a metal plate, and 5 screws,
then they Xrayed it , and saw that the bone that goes into my foot,, like the end bit had been knocked off, so they then operated again, and inserted a SIXTH temp screw, which im having out on friday,,,
Let me say it hurts,, alot,, always wanted to break a bone,( idunno why, just felt so left out ,lol) but now i wish it never happened,,,,,

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
Wow, StokeLee, that's some injury and resulting surgery and incision! Have you been told how long the recovery time is? I wish you the best of luck for a speedy (well, relatively...) recovery. I tore my ACL nine months ago playing football (soccer) and I'm finally getting close to returning. It's a long road...Keep your chin up.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
StokeLee said:
I did it playing football, my ankle broke in three places, and either my tendon, or ligament got severed,,,,,
My first operation repaired the tendon/ligament, and the docs inserted a metal plate, and 5 screws,
then they X-rayed it , and saw that the bone that goes into my foot,, like the end bit had been knocked off, so they then operated again, and inserted a SIXTH temp screw, which im having out on friday,,,
Let me say it hurts,, a lot,, always wanted to break a bone, ( idunno why, just felt so left out ,lol) but now i wish it never happened,,,,,

I haven't personally had a broken bone. Just accidentally hitting a bone which can be painful. Yes, orthopedic injuries are painful. It's the Periosteum that is very sensitive and causes the pain. I wish you well the you upcoming surgery.

http://health.allrefer.com/health/periosteum-info.html

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Sometimes I get squeamish, but I don't really mind these pictures. What bothers me is that your skin looks so dry! :( I hate the way dry skin feels and looks.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
devilot76 said:
Sometimes I get squeamish, but I don't really mind these pictures. What bothers me is that your skin looks so dry! :( I hate the way dry skin feels and looks.

I think that his skin looks very good for having surgery and after removal of a cast. Have seen the skin looking much worse than that. I really would call it all that dry. Until the incisions are completed head would have to be careful about lotion. Plus he has an additional surgery coming up.

StokeLee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 30, 2005
Surgery,, eek,, i cant sleep, its only a few hours away now,,,, well got be at hospital in five hours, and im so thirsty, but cant drink , under docs orders,
Im not sure if im going back in plaster after the surgery, but if not, if you guys want, ill get some more photos,,,,,,, and one reason my skin dont look too bad, is erm, its sort of all flaked off,,, i aint touched it around the cuts, but everywhere else esp the bottom of my foot,, lets just say,, it was gross,,,

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
StokeLee said:
Surgery,, eek,, i cant sleep, its only a few hours away now,,,, well got be at hospital in five hours, and im so thirsty, but cant drink , under docs orders,
Im not sure if im going back in plaster after the surgery, but if not, if you guys want, ill get some more photos,,,,,,, and one reason my skin dont look too bad, is erm, its sort of all flaked off,,, i aint touched it around the cuts, but everywhere else esp the bottom of my foot,, lets just say,, it was gross,,,

Your description is exactly the way I've seen a patients skin after a cast removal. So kudos on your good skin care.

Yes, I would like to see more pictures. They are of interest, so will look forward to your next post.

I'm happy to hear that you are following your physician orders. You are the one that will benefit the most. Hope that the surgery will be successful. Will look forward to the post-op update.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
StokeLee said:

Did you have anything to drink or eat before your fast? I was in that situation about 3 years ago for surgery. Right before midnight when I went to bed I drank a whole bottle of water (the next day was surgery).

Hope it all goes well for you StokeLee :)

StokeLee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 30, 2005
yep, i had somat to eat and drink before 12,, but think its cuz ive not managed to actually get to sleep thats causing the problem of being thirsty,,, Id try horlicks, but i cant lol

I might try reading one of them mega threads in here,,,, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.