Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nursey2Shoes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 10, 2022
Texas
I legit come on this forum like 10+ times a week for info and guidance for my iMac, MacBook and iPhoneā€¦ but I have 2 iPads (the iPad started the viral infection of the ā€œIā€) I won one from a friend/family photographer in 2010/2011ā€¦ and shortly after was Apple all the wayā€¦ swapping my phone to iPhone, getting a MacBook for school and an iMac for him (oh yes, the days of having a steady predictable income and being the one in charge of itā€¦)

Nowā€¦ I have the same iMac, original MacBook, an upgraded one also from nursing school (I need a battery for the old one I had purchased one but canā€™t find it and canā€™t buy another)

The first iPad, I loved so much involving my kids with learning and music games (my 5 month old playing piano app at 2 am while I worked on nursing school pre-requisitesā€¦ who is now 11 YEARS OLD! And incredibly intelligent, and also a diabetic now; so I am constantly looking for updates to iOS for independent (without a phone!) glucose monitoringā€¦

Life has changed in so many ways since thenā€¦ no steady finances, not married after finding out several infidelitiesā€¦

3 amazing, wonderful and incredible children! Officially a nurse, an ICU nurse who traveled and fought on frontlines with Covid for over a yearā€¦

Now; after my coma from Covid, in a wheelchair with several complications and trying to get back to ā€œnormalā€

Updating the iPads we rarely used - they had kindles but now I donā€™t have much to offer them in terms of adventure and going out of the houseā€¦

I realized the iPad I found and am updating is ONLY capable of updating to iOS 5.0.1ā€¦ and I canā€™t help but LAUGH

It was only 4 months ago I was having a little breakdown over my iPhone 11 updating iOS and I couldnā€™t make calls or receive them for like a weekā€¦ wheelchair bound and in my house aloneā€¦ looking back it may have had to do with some of the encephalopathy but stillā€¦ I find this humorous

Last year on my birthday was in a coma; so I am just hoping this thing can hold some games and maybe have the Xbox app and some of the other connected / learning apps they haveā€¦

Life is crazy

Reactions: TouchedByAl

TouchedByAl

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2007
Salt Lake City
Welcome to the forums! Itā€™s interesting the reasons many join whether itā€™s for help, an interest in apple or to just to generally learn. The way you ended your post I canā€™t imagine a more appropriate use of the phrase life is crazy. I can only hope that youā€™ve gained some help and valuable insights in your time here. As a nurse I canā€™t imagine what youā€™ve been through these last few years but if thereā€™s any way to express a deep, genuine appreciation and thank you for what you and countless others in the medical industry have done youā€™ve got it from me. I hope each day gets better :).

Reactions: Nursey2Shoes

Nursey2Shoes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 10, 2022
Texas
Welcome to the forums! Itā€™s interesting the reasons many join whether itā€™s for help, an interest in apple or to just to generally learn. The way you ended your post I canā€™t imagine a more appropriate use of the phrase life is crazy. I can only hope that youā€™ve gained some help and valuable insights in your time here. As a nurse I canā€™t imagine what youā€™ve been through these last few years but if thereā€™s any way to express a deep, genuine appreciation and thank you for what you and countless others in the medical industry have done youā€™ve got it from me. I hope each day gets better :).
You got that right! I had spent the week hyperfocused on ā€œhow to upgrade my iMac so 10.13.6ā€ from beginning to end with graphics cards and upgrades etc things out of reach to make it more useable for everyday for the kids and myself ā€¦ and when I plugged that sucker in I couldnā€™t help but laugh

Nursey2Shoes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 10, 2022
Texas
This is killin me! I have to verify (duh 2-step verification) but the iPad iOS wonā€™t move on from sign in screen! Idk if I should shut off and re-start setup?!? This is all we have so it will seriously be a basic setup

Nursey2Shoes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 10, 2022
Texas
I donā€™t suppose thereā€™s a version of the Xbox, Minecraft or Roblox apps I can add for them on this iOS ?

Nursey2Shoes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 10, 2022
Texas
Fortnight? Theyā€™d be THRILLEDā€¦ I used to be with them 100% of the time before I was in a coma - now I just make the most of our time until I recover and we DONT focus on games / apps but they are thankful for my technical knowledge and show continued appreciation for itā€¦ so I kinda like to show off once in awhile since I donā€™t have much else to show mom-powers with right now lol

Nursey2Shoes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 10, 2022
Texas
I need to see if anyone has links to download the apps for iOS 5.0.1 that they can use on this brick lol or a clock so I can just put it up on the wallā€¦ Iā€™ve got to get some sort of use for it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.