Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

TheLion01

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2015
The Netherlands
Update:

I found some time trying to boot Haiku 32-bit on the 2006 Mac mini. It shows the bootscreen and loads the 6 icons below it. After that it shows a black screen and it won't show the desktop. After a minute or so, the system shuts down. Maybe I need to change some boot parameters, but when booting Haiku on a Mac, you can't press shift or spacebar to show boot options. Maybe I can modify the boot file on a different Haiku system.

The biggest hassle I have right now with this Mac is that it won't boot from USB or CD. When pressing Option at the Chime it's loads the boot picker but after selecting which system to boot, it completely freezes. My workaround was installing Haiku on the SSD on a PC and then inserting the SSD in the mini and boot from it. It works but it requires to open up the Mac everytime I want to change something on the Haiku boot settings...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.