Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Can't wait for Ep2 :D not just for the next part of a great series but Team Fortress 2 and Portal! I'll be glued to my PC :eek:

4nr-

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2006
Göteborg, Sweden
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=76580&page=2

A cool 3 page write up with some screen shots and more info on the game :D It feels like forever since Episode 1 came out (and beating it in a few hours didn't help) but I am aching to play this one.

nice! Yeah, and im not expecting ep2 to be any longer.
Edit: maybe im wrong ""programmer David Speyrer says they're still fine-tuning the chapters, "but I believe we ended up with six." Does that mean it's going to be another four-hour romp? In a word, no. "We're running at about six-to-eight hours in our playtests here."

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
I am probably gonna spring for the Orange box on PS3 unless I get a new Mac that can run HL2 (come on good gfx card in the new mbp, im waitin for ya!!!!!) well so it should be fun to play HL2 > Ep1 > Ep2 then Portal and team fortress :D

In the meantime I think I will play through HL2 again...

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Any Intel Mac will run HL2. All my decrepit laptops run HL2 very well (though it does absolutely blaze on my C2D iMac).

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
Any Intel Mac will run HL2. All my decrepit laptops run HL2 very well (though it does absolutely blaze on my C2D iMac).

Even with all the extra stuff in Lost Coast? Trying to run that on full on my PC is chop city... I know HL basically runs on anything but a Commodore 64 but that x1600 is getting mighty old and in the interview Newell said there are new graphically goodies :eek:

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
*shrug* Lost Coast runs fine on my iMac. Strange things like firing the shotgun point blank at walls or enemies does give off a minute pause, though that could be the particles more than anything else. Can't see Ep1 running much slower than that. Which I probably should play :D

killmoms

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
Durham, NC
*shrug* Lost Coast runs fine on my iMac. Strange things like firing the shotgun point blank at walls or enemies does give off a minute pause, though that could be the particles more than anything else. Can't see Ep1 running much slower than that. Which I probably should play :D

Yes, you really should. It's quite good!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.