Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. MacBook

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
Ok so my dad is going to get me a wireless bridge but i tested out my 360 at a friends house with a router near his TV. It worked, and i created my account(through the trial version of gold, circuit city gave me 13 months free but i cant find it...) and i tried some halo 2 online. Unfortunately, i was new to it, and all i had were quickmatch and another thing.

I tried joining all and they said i didnt have the maps. I tried downloading them, and they took AGES... i mean in like 10 minutes it moved an inch of like 1 meter.

He has relatively slow internet, but how much storage and time do those maps take to download? And am i supposed to get a map problem? I thought those downloadable maps were OPTIONAL?

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
They are optional, but necessary if you want to play in some crowds, because everyone else will have the maps.

As for how long they take, well, on my connection they took… 10 minutes? Less? If you have a slow connection they'll take much longer, and you probably don't have a fast enough connection to be on XBL in that case anyways. ;):D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.