Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aidanpendragon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 26, 2005
This came about from another thread, but I thought I'd post it here as it may be of wider interest:

I emailed Destineer, parent of MacSoft, who published Halo for Mac, to ask about the game's availability (retail or CD-key). This is their response:

"Hello,
Unfortunately, we no longer hold the license to sell Halo so we are unable to sell the game or CD keys. Occasionally, online retailers such as amazon.com and overstock.com will have the game for sale so I suggest checking out the various online stores in hopes of getting lucky and finding a copy."

Bad timing for them: Halo 3 comes out, Mac people are starved for anything Halo - and the company can't sell it anymore.

aidanpendragon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 26, 2005
One update: just got a copy of Halo for Mac off Half.com for $15 + shipping. Very reasonable compared to the $50-60 madness they're selling for on Ebay right now. I'd suggest checking Half periodically - you might get lucky like me & find one listed for a good price.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.