Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KingYaba

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 7, 2005
Up the irons
How do I get rid of this white box on the bottom left corner of my screen? Only appears during game play.

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    328.6 KB · Views: 135

zeedee-h

macrumors member
May 2, 2007
aus
Seems like a bitmaps.map file problem.. that is where your radar normally is, try reinstalling or changing the graphics settings, but if you don't want to i can send you my bitmaps file, if thats the demo its not too big.
3c205da5f2.jpg

fblack

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2006
USA
I would agree with zeedee-h and expect it to be a bitmap issue maybe corrupted. Download the demo from here: http://www.macgamefiles.com/detail.php?item=18748

If you dont have the issue with the demo, then its a good chance you got a game disk with some bad or corrupted software and reinstalling won't remove the issue.

If you still have the issue even with the demo, then maybe I'm guessing its a graphics card issue. Do you have one of the new iMacs with graphic issues? Are you running an old mac with a flashed card? Are you running halo for the pc thru bootcamp or parallels? Are you overclocking your GPU? etc...

KingYaba

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 7, 2005
Up the irons
Macbook Pro 2.2 ghz core 2 duo 15"

I only use OS X 10.4 and this is an issue with the Demo. I have the UB version of the full game and there are no problems.

Chone

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2006
Macbook Pro 2.2 ghz core 2 duo 15"

I only use OS X 10.4 and this is an issue with the Demo. I have the UB version of the full game and there are no problems.

Yeah that's because the demo is not a universal binary. If you have the full game why do you want the demo to work properly?

KingYaba

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 7, 2005
Up the irons
Yeah that's because the demo is not a universal binary. If you have the full game why do you want the demo to work properly?

Some buddies of mine have downloaded the demo and rather than play against total strangers all the time I decided to play with friends. Even if that means playing a Demo. Why they do not purchase the full version is beyond me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.