Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alpha Centauri

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 13, 2020
As bizarre as it sounds, perhaps someone's seen this before?

Friend of mine had left his iPhone 12 ProMax unattended for about 15min in the centre console of his car, no CP involved. He returned to see a hand written note, addressed to one of his close contacts, with the word "Super!" in a new iMessage and ready to be sent.

He's on 15.5 and the ph was purchased new a few months ago.

Phone was locked, car was locked and it's not his own hand writing. He did not write it! Obviously he's a bit freaked out about it.

Is it fair to assume his iCloud account has been compromised?

iMessage.png

Alpha Centauri

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 13, 2020
@Apple_Robert I get that, but can assure you that he's not. He's new to iOS and I personally haven't used a OS or iOS device with hand writing capability to explain it.

Is this perhaps an accidental Siri dictation in a generic hand writing style?

Alpha Centauri

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 13, 2020
@Apple_Robert I'm coming from a 6yro ph, so can't emmulate what he might have done.

After dictating or typing txt into iMessage, is there an option to convert to multiple styles of in built hand writing? I wonder if that's an option he might have accidentally chosen? Trying to problem solve with another POV. Just currently can't try it out myself. unfortunately.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.