Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple blogger

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 28, 2013
Ok I don't understand how does it work, handoff and continuity...
Apple says the devices are "aware" of each other..
Some of the guys are saying it should be connected to the sane wifi...
Yet another ppl are saying it should have Bluetooth enabled in both devices..
So how actually does it work..

1. If it should be in the same wifi, I'm pretty sure apple can get the same feature as they did with the Apple TV, be on any wifi, and u can stream content, that is pickup where you left off, or answer from a device..

2. If it runs bluetooth, then My friends say, they have on android, using 3 md party apps and softwares..

P.S: there are some android tablets that sport calling features, I think apple took them on by letting you call from your iPad or Mac without using a sim, and using your iphone! So basically it's 2 features in 1

Last edited:

Nozuka

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2012
it seems to be a combination of both wifi and bluetooth.
depending on which technology makes the most sense for the task at hand.

djtech42

macrumors 65816
Jun 23, 2012
Mason, OH
It worked when I turned bluetooth on for both iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite, but with just wi-fi, it didn't seem to be working. That might just be an issue with the betas however.

falkedup

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2011
It says just wifi on apples website. Also it says you can be in the other room. Bluetooth doesn't go that far. I guess it depends on the house though

imaginex20

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
I for the life of me can't get continuity to work I have a 2011 MacBook pro and iPhone 5S

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.