Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
RMB 200,000 ($30,000) fine for activating early. Looks like nobody cared during iPhone 12 and nobody cares today.

1603134083043-png.969172

• Haha
Reactions: zakarhino

zakarhino

Contributor
Sep 13, 2014
It's kinda funny how "early" hands on with new iPhones only really start appearing after the official unveil meanwhile people have been fiddling with Pixel 7 for months now 😂 what the heck is going on at Google

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
c5417f25gy1h65ivaxl9ej21e60ye1kx.jpg

c5417f25gy1h65iv9v0mej211i2bcdik.jpg

Looks like in most cases, there's not a lot of opportunity to interact with the island. Makes sense given apps need time to be updated.

max2

macrumors 603
May 31, 2015
Can you really be fined if we got our iPhone 14 Pro Max Thursday and used it ?

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
Yup. Boring. Same stuff you do on your current phone.

Why anyone still gets excited by this stuff I'll never understand.
I get where you're coming from, but I've noticed that you've made numerous threads and posts about how much you're NOT interested in the iPhone 14. It kinda seems like you're just obsessing over it in a different way.

aenflex

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2013
FL, USA
The most comprehensive and invasive privacy spyware system ever designed was created the US government in collaboration with a plethora of "democracy respecting" countries such as the UK, Germany, France, Sweden, etc. and in collaboration with major corporations such as Apple, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, etc. There is literally an international spying clique in operation right now being used to illegally spy on normal law abiding people around the world via mass data collection -- absolutely none of that is being done by China.

Your data is unironically safer with a Chinese company because China has zero jurisdiction, power, or concern over you. The Chinese government knowing the ins and outs of your politics cannot be used to harm you, meanwhile that same data in the hands of your own corrupt government can and will be used against you. It's a matter of when and not if.

Any concerns over TikTok algorithms corrupting kids or "Xi spyware" spying on US citizens is irrelevant when all of that is being done right now via Facebook and their sub brands (Instagram, WhatsApp, etc.) right here in the USA. Facebook and the NSA are a bigger threat to American democracy than TikTok or the CPC.
I mean yes, you’re right, in a way. However, let’s don’t forget Russia.

The.Glorious.Son

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2015
Chicago, IL
I get where you're coming from, but I've noticed that you've made numerous threads and posts about how much you're NOT interested in the iPhone 14. It kinda seems like you're just obsessing over it in a different way.
It’s often found that people like this typically do not have the means for the new device and so they go out of their way to justify their ‘decision’ not to buy. Otherwise, they would just keep quiet and not go out of their way for crowd-sorced affirmation.

Reactions: bricktop_at
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.