Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robkat

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 22, 2008
Scotland
I am running iOS 8 on my iPad Air. Runs great and have not encountered any problems at all. Wifi is always on and fast, apps work fine.

I love it.:)

masands

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2010
Same here. Runs beautifully on my iPhone 5. In fact, I was at a Apple reseller the other day and they had an iPhone 5 on display running iOS6. Did a quick speed test and iOS8 simply blew iOS6 away. I didn't know animations on iOS6 were so slow!

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Same here. Runs beautifully on my iPhone 5. In fact, I was at a Apple reseller the other day and they had an iPhone 5 on display running iOS6. Did a quick speed test and iOS8 simply blew iOS6 away. I didn't know animations on iOS6 were so slow!

iOS8 is way slower on the iPhone 5 than iOS6 was. What are you talking about?

Nolander07

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2012
Happy with ios 8 & apple

I have iOS 8 on my iPhone 6 and iPad 4. Both work fine, no issues. I am happy and like the new features compared to iOS 7.
This thread won't get nearly the number of responses as the complaint threads. People love to hate on MacRumors.

valleian

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2014
New York
I absolutely love it, I've found it to be responsive and enjoyable to use. The complaints are from people who seem to never be happy with anything. I'm sure that they're the same people who complained about iOS 7 being unstable and ugly and iOS 6 being unstable and dated looking.

Yptcn

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2012
Paris
Outside this and similar forums, there are millions of happy customers, like you and me.[/QUOTE]

And me :D

Imory

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2013
Wonderland
I absolutely love it, I've found it to be responsive and enjoyable to use. The complaints are from people who seem to never be happy with anything. I'm sure that they're the same people who complained about iOS 7 being unstable and ugly and iOS 6 being unstable and dated looking.

That's an incredibly arrogant way of painting everyone with the same brush. There are those who are happy with it and those who aren't (either for legitimate reasons or not).

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy

Absolutely correct. And I bet they will complain about iOS 9 as well....

Tubamajuba

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2011
here
Absolutely correct. And I bet they will complain about iOS 9 as well....

And iOS 10, and iOS 11... and yet they'll keep buying Apple products instead of putting their money where their mouth is and buying something that they won't complain about.

But hey, no need for me to add to the negativity. Point is, there are indeed plenty of people out there that are happy with iOS 8, and that number should grow as Apple continues fixing bugs.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
And iOS 10, and iOS 11... and yet they'll keep buying Apple products instead of putting their money where their mouth is and buying something that they won't complain about.

But hey, no need for me to add to the negativity. Point is, there are indeed plenty of people out there that are happy with iOS 8, and that number should grow as Apple continues fixing bugs.

I'm not absolutely sure all of the complainers are really Apple users....

CB1234

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2012
Dubai, UAE
I'm not absolutely sure all of the complainers are really Apple users....

'Competition' is perhaps losing a lot of money by 'sponsoring' the constant whiners and moaners on here.. Instead if they spent that money on improving their products, it would benefit consumers a lot more....

----------

I am running iOS 8 on my iPad Air. Runs great and have not encountered any problems at all. Wifi is always on and fast, apps work fine.

I love it.:)

Thank you OP for starting a positive thread, amongst a lot of 'cesspool' floating around on these forums...

By the way, 2 iPhone 5s's, 2 iPhones 5c's, 1 phone 5, 1 iPad air, iPad 2, are all working smoothly on iOS 8, in my house...

iPad 2 needed 8.1.1 to sort out the safari loading issues and some stutters. But since the update 8.1.1., iPad 2 is working like a champ again..

iapplelove

Suspended
Nov 22, 2011
East Coast USA
I have not used apple pay since the first week it came out. I don't eat McDonald's and I refuse to go to Walgreens. Guess I could eat panera or subway everyday but then I would get sick salads. Other than that I'm not going out of my way to find NFC readers so I just stopped looking

Artimus12

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2011
YooKay
I have not used apple pay since the first week it came out. I don't eat McDonald's and I refuse to go to Walgreens. Guess I could eat panera or subway everyday but then I would get sick salads. Other than that I'm not going out of my way to find NFC readers so I just stopped looking
Some folk wouldn't know "Positive" if it kicked them in the rear end, then pulled funny faces when they turned around. :rolleyes:

Agree with OP! I don't seem to see any of the supposed issues that others constantly complain about, ...and I don't think it's arrogant to point out the fact that a lot of wingers are the very same that complain about previous iOS' either! Rather, I think it's prudent to realise that some folk are paid by the competition to complain and create imaginary issues within a community.

Nice Post! Keep at it Apple.

BenTrovato

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2012
Canada
Some folk wouldn't know "Positive" if it kicked them in the rear end, then pulled funny faces when they turned around. :rolleyes:

Agree with OP! I don't seem to see any of the supposed issues that others constantly complain about, ...and I don't think it's arrogant to point out the fact that a lot of wingers are the very same that complain about previous iOS' either! Rather, I think it's prudent to realise that some folk are paid by the competition to complain and create imaginary issues within a community.

lol some wouldn't know positive if it kicked them in the rear end haha. That's true - it's nice to hear some positive remarks from time to time. :)

iapplelove

Suspended
Nov 22, 2011
East Coast USA

Trust me I'm positive. Have not said a single thing bad about ios8 or Yosemite. And I'm in love with my 6 plus.

It is a bit frustrating that I can't use apple pay as much as I would like. It's not apples fault but my point was it works great but it sucks it's not used everywhere yet.

Artimus12

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2011
YooKay
Trust me I'm positive. Have not said a single thing bad about ios8 or Yosemite. And I'm in love with my 6 plus.

It is a bit frustrating that I can't use apple pay as much as I would like. It's not apples fault but my point was it works great but it sucks it's not used everywhere yet.
and now you've made a Positive comment - Welcome to the thread. :)

leppermessiah

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2014
Installed 8.1.1 on my iPad Mini 2 and now it's running great... as it did with 8.1, and 8.0, and 7.1.2... and so on! No complaints. :D

valleian

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2014
New York
That's an incredibly arrogant way of painting everyone with the same brush. There are those who are happy with it and those who aren't (either for legitimate reasons or not).

The only arrogance I've seen on here is from the people who complain. They're so ignorant and insolent. They cannot believe that people actually enjoy something the proclaim to hate.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
'Competition' is perhaps losing a lot of money by 'sponsoring' the constant whiners and moaners on here.. Instead if they spent that money on improving their products, it would benefit consumers a lot more....

----------

Thank you OP for starting a positive thread, amongst a lot of 'cesspool' floating around on these forums...

By the way, 2 iPhone 5s's, 2 iPhones 5c's, 1 phone 5, 1 iPad air, iPad 2, are all working smoothly on iOS 8, in my house...

iPad 2 needed 8.1.1 to sort out the safari loading issues and some stutters. But since the update 8.1.1., iPad 2 is working like a champ again..
Absolutely agree, but if I'd say something like that, I would be banned again.

CB1234

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2012
Dubai, UAE
Absolutely agree, but if I'd say something like that, I would be banned again.

Yes the 'powers to be' at MR sometimes work in mysterious ways...

I am surprised you got banned, as usually you are trying your best to help others and occasionally 'spar' with serial whiners and moaners..

I guess helping others and being generally positive about issues on here, doesn't generate enough visits to the site...

nightlong

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2012
Australia
I have iOS 8 on my iPhone 6 and iPad 4. Both work fine, no issues. I am happy and like the new features compared to iOS 7.
This thread won't get nearly the number of responses as the complaint threads. People love to hate on MacRumors.

8.1 running smoothly on my iphone5 and iPad Air, stutters a bit on my i pad4, and does this strange thing on startup ... After the apple symbol the screen goes completely black, as though it is dead, for about 10 seconds, then comes on as normal. Also happens on a friend's ipad4. But doesn't happen on my iPad air.

So, 2 questions: does this happen on yr ipad4? And, are you running 8.1 or 8.1.1?

I haven't updated to the latter yet because there have been so many negative posts about wifi, bluetooth problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.