Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

annay49

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
I've noticed that my haptic feedback feels weaker and much more understated now. I've had my watch a bit over 2 weeks.

I wonder if it's because I'm just so used to it and have adjusted to the feeling, or if theres actually something wrong. I have prominent haptic on.

Anyone else notice this type of thing as well?

brandnew2

macrumors member
May 24, 2010
Mine started feeling super weak a few days ago (I actually missed some notifications, which never happened before). But it was always kind of subtle, so I wasn't sure if it was all in my head. I sent a bunch of test messages to myself and could confirm that the watch still played both the prominent haptic buzz as well as the taps, but they just felt very light.

I still wasn't 100% sure whether it was in my head, so I rebooted the watch and tried again. Bam, right back at full strength - a very very noticeable difference. Don't know what it was, probably some kind of software glitch. But I would reboot to make sure.

flur

macrumors 68020
Nov 12, 2012
I still wasn't 100% sure whether it was in my head, so I rebooted the watch and tried again. Bam, right back at full strength - a very very noticeable difference.

I have the opposite happen to me. When I reboot, mine is weaker. I then go into settings and cycle through the haptic settings down to the weakest and back up to the strongest, and then it's stronger again.

I thought it was in my head originally too, but nope.

annay49

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
Thanks guys! I restarted and it does seem stronger, though not as strong as when I first got it.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Would miss the haptic vibe at first and now I miss all the time.

Kind of disappointing as in a public area with ambient noise, I can not hear the "ding" either. So notifications are somewhat useless for me. :mad:

Smurphy Gherkin

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2015
Melbourne, Australia
I started missing a few last week, and then found the Haptic strength was set to the middle intensity setting. (low)

This shocked the hell out of me, because I have always had it set to max, and would never have deliberately turned in down.

Trius

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2008
Funny. I've noticed the opposite. I think I'm becoming more sensitive to it as it feels way more pronounced now than when I first got it (3 weeks).

nheilweil

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Redmond, WA
Sure you know this but you can adjust the haptic strength in settings and also turn on Prominent haptic which adds some extra vibrations to get your attention.

Pug72

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2012
England
When changing the strength in settings, is the lowest setting off as I can't feel anything. Can't recall if this has always been so since first having it.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
When changing the strength in settings, is the lowest setting off as I can't feel anything. Can't recall if this has always been so since first having it.

The lowest setting has certainly been "off" on my SS with OS 1.0 and now 1.0.1.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
When I adjust the haptic feedback, the tap is VERY pronounced but during the day when I depend on feeling this, it is not near as prominent and I will not feel it most the time. Worst is I can not hear the "ding" in other than a quiet environment.

This leaves notifications kinda useless for me at times. Wish I could use the earth but have the phone make it's regular notification sounds till Apple fixes this, but no possible way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.