Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fudd2be

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2015
I purchased my AW with the classic buckle then bought the black Sport Band. Feedback with both was fine. However, I just started wearing an Apple SS link bracelet and noticed the feedback is very much muted and is even hard to feel some of the time, even with "pronounced" turned on. My thought is that it is due to the much larger mass of the SS band which the taptic engine needs to move - or could it be a taptic engine that is defective? Thoughts? Anyone else experiencing this?

doeboynmek

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2010
People tend to wear a link band much looser than a buckle or rubber band like the sport, which is probably your case in which you're going to feel a drop in the power of the taptic engine.

PedCrossing

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2012
The Loop
I just got my link bracelet today and I wear it loosely. I've noticed the feedback is weaker sometimes, but most of the time it's just fine. Gravity always keeps the watch in contact with my skin. Maybe try adjusting the link, I can squeeze in a finger between the band and my wrist and I found it most comfortable for me. If there's a defect in taptic engine, the taps should be very light and unnoticeable even when you wear it snugly.

Sharkey311

Suspended
Jan 11, 2013
Strange. I just got my SS Link in the mail today and I've noticed it is more apparent with this band than my others (WSB & Blue LL)

InAustralia

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia
I have the Black Sport Band and the Link Bracelet.

Like others have said, The haptic feedback is less pronounced with the Link Bracelet as it's generally looser on your wrist. I am sure if you go back to your sport band you will find that the haptic feedback is back to what you were use to.

fudd2be

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2015
I have the Black Sport Band and the Link Bracelet.

Like others have said, The haptic feedback is less pronounced with the Link Bracelet as it's generally looser on your wrist. I am sure if you go back to your sport band you will find that the haptic feedback is back to what you were use to.

Thanks! I did notice this when I went back to my SB. I'll wear the SB for a while to make sure.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.