Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sdmcwilliams

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 28, 2010
I bought these for my daughter http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190492452575

Does anyone have something similar? I cannot figure out how to remove the case without possibly breaking it. It is made of of a back piece and a front piece. They snap together. I have tried a coin and credit card in areas where I could fit them and then tried to pry it apart but it will not work. I tested it on the other case that is not on her device and it work easily but not while on her iPod.

1514_01.jpg

jonrando

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2011
Bring it into the Apple store. Atleast if they break it they might give you a new iPod. :p

That's one of the reasons I don't buy hard cases. They break easily, they are hard to get off, and they scratch the device up.

Not sure what iPod touch you have, but I use the Belkin Grip Vue (this case: http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=520223) for my iPod touch 4g. Of course not in that color :)P), but since you said the hard case was for your daughter, I posted the link to the pink one. Belkin makes great cases. If your daughter drops her iPod a lot, get an Otterbox for it, they have great protection. If she doesn't drop it a lot, but still wants protection from scratches and bumps, I suggest a silicon case, or cases like the Grip Vue by Belkin, which are like a plastic rubber.

alteclansing

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2011
There sohuld be a notch on the side of the case. You start from there and you can slowly open it. You can use a soft plastic tool (like the opposite end of a plastic spoon...)

Firestar

macrumors 68020
Sep 30, 2010
221B Baker Street.
Put your fingernails in the gaps and pry it apart. If you do it often then eventually the peices that actually snap together will either wear out or break. If you do it once or just a few times, then it should come off and not break.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.