Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gnychis

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 24, 2009
Hi all,

I covered my iPhone 3G with a BestSkinsEver, and absolutely love it. I really want to put a hard shell case over it also, so I went to the Apple Store and tried every single hard shell case, where the box allowed me to open it, and I could not find a single one that fit.

The only case that I found to fit was a partial hard-shell, I think it was a hybrid hard case & silicon case from Griffin. But, I want somthing completely hard shell.

Has anyone gotten a hard shell comfortably over their BestSkin?

Thanks!
George

swy05

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2008
http://www.inspiretech.com/c-100-iphone-3g-cases.aspx

The full protector case is what you want, not the slim case. It's slimmer than the incase slider and the case is pretty hard so it'll help in case you drop your phone. The feel of the case is like the iFrogz Luxe.

The edges completely cover the chrome bezel and the lay-on-table design is good as well. It's got enough lay-on-table design so you won't worry about messing up your screen when placing face down.

I have a screen shield on the front and the invisible shield completely covering the back.

This is probably one of the few cases where it fits with the shield covering the back and front of the phone. The fit is very slightly tight and will require you to tug a little to remove your phone when you want to remove it from the case. But, it's not jammed on there where you'll need a tool to remove it.

At 14.99, it's a steal. Shipping is a couple of bucks.

Not sure why this case hasn't received more attention.

gnychis

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 24, 2009
thanks for the response! I ordered the case, we will see how it goes. I'm glad to hear that it fits pretty decently. I just want something hard shell to protect the phone.

I can also report that the Speck Candyshell fits on top of my BestSkin also. It's a snug fit, but it fit. The chrome does end up showing though. But, if someone is looking for a solution they can find in the Apple Store, this seems to be it.

I'm really curious if this case fits:
http://www.switcheasy.com/products/Rebel/Rebel.php

gnychis

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 24, 2009
thanks for the response! I ordered the case, we will see how it goes. I'm glad to hear that it fits pretty decently. I just want something hard shell to protect the phone.

I can also report that the Speck Candyshell fits on top of my BestSkin also. It's a snug fit, but it fit. The chrome does end up showing though. But, if someone is looking for a solution they can find in the Apple Store, this seems to be it.

I'm really curious if this case fits:
http://www.switcheasy.com/products/Rebel/Rebel.php

I decided to order the Rebel also, I will report back.

tombee

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2008
I used the rebel and a front BSE shield.
I'm willing the best it'd work with the back shield as well.

gnychis

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 24, 2009
Hi all, I got both cases in the mail! The rebel did not fit well, so I am going to sell it off. It fit oddly and was too bulky for me. The inspiretech fits perfectly though! If you take the felt off the inside of the case, it literally fits perfectly. Very impressed. However, the case is a little slippery.

01jamcon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2006
London
Hi all, I got both cases in the mail! The rebel did not fit well, so I am going to sell it off. It fit oddly and was too bulky for me. The inspiretech fits perfectly though! If you take the felt off the inside of the case, it literally fits perfectly. Very impressed. However, the case is a little slippery.

I'm a bit surprised you found the rebel to be too bulky. However, you are right about the fit, it just never lines up right, no matter what you try. Out of interest, what colour did you get the inspiretech case in? I looked on the website and the colours just seemed all a bit dull or ugly for some reason.

tombee

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2008
I received a black inspiretech a week or so ago and am LOVIN' it!
way sleeker than the switcheasy rebel.
love the matte finish.
at first I thought it'd be too slippery, but I haven't had a problem with it.
it seems to have enough cushion to protect against a fall. which is the only reason I use a case...

I've got thru a couple different cases, with the rebel being my favorite until now.

the inspiretech is awesome.
I got it from amazon for cheaper and it arrived just a few days after order.

jersey

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2007

Which Inspiretech did you buy, the full protector or the slim fit? And do you think can you get the logo off the back?

I'm trying to figure out which case over my BSE. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.