Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macbookairman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
Nebraska
I saw this here: http://appshopper.com/productivity/istorage

(Appshopper is Arn's new website)

iStorage
Ultimate iPhone and iPod Touch file manager and storage.

Access, view and edit your online files from iPhone/iPod Touch remotely or access, view and edit your iPhone/iPod Touch files from any computer - Mac, PC or Linux.

You can from your iPhone:
* access FTP, WebDAV and MobileMe iDisk easily,
* perform even multiple transfers and editing sessions simultaneously,
* download, upload, open and edit files remotely.
* downloading files from websites

You can from your Mac, PC or Linux:
* access your files on iPhone or iPod Touch easily (no software needed!)
* upload to, download from, open and edit files remotely

View and edit your files:
Edit text files and view graphics, watch movies, play music, read pdf, doc, presentations and more ...

Requirements:
Wi-Fi access required to/from your iPhone/iPod Touch for access to your online files or connect to computer.

What's new

- improved document viewer
- improved text editor
- fixed text editor character encoding
- fixed some strange bugs with creating accounts
- fixed bugs when application crash

The reviews in iTunes aren't that great, but i'm guessing that was before they updated the application. Has anybody tried it recently to see how well it works?

iTunes Link

odelay

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2007
Yeah, I've tried it. Deleted shortly after installing it. Too unstable at the moment, keeps crashing. Some nice ideas though. Just wish Files or Air Sharing provided this functionality (like MobileMe iDisk access) as I much prefer the look and feel (and stability!) of them.

MikeatOSX2008

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2008
iStorage

I'm a fan of iStorage:

I bought (downloaded) 12 file-managers, up/downloaders, files-viewers to find the "swiss knife" (AirSharing, Caravan, DataCase, DropCopy, FileMagnet, Files, FileSync, Folders, FTPOnTheGo, iStorage, PicVault, MobileFinder). iStorage is an app which comes nearest to this wish.

In my first attempt I downloaded an Apple update (.dmg) and a wmv video file to my iPhone and successfuly sent theses files to my Mac via FTP and vice versa on the Mac I fetched them from my iPhone with WebDAV (all via WLAN). Great!
I sent files to my homepage server far away and downloaded files from there to my iPhone (last via slowest telephone line, not WLAN).
Pictures can be copied to and from iPhone's own pic folder to the iStorage documents folder and then be viewed, edited or sent to wherever you want. And pics can be viewed better than with other file managers (except PicVault).
Text files can be edited like with Caravan and MobileFinder.
Don't really know which features I didn't use yet.
Sorry to say, that there is no start / folder-hiding password like within Files, Folders and PicVault.
And: iStorage's own web browser can handle bookmarks, but often cannot open several web-sites. Hope that will be better in the next version, when more people buy this great app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.