Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cromulent

macrumors 604
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
The Land of Hope and Glory
I've recently switched over to Apple-only devices. When I bought all the devices my plan was to make cross-platform apps on my Mac Studio but as I have learnt more about Apple devices I've changed my mind and now I want to concentrate on only macOS, iOS and iPadOS (and of course web development still).

Has anyone else decided to go this route or do you still develop for Android, Linux and Windows as well?

Lihp8270

macrumors 65816
Dec 31, 2016
I've recently switched over to Apple-only devices. When I bought all the devices my plan was to make cross-platform apps on my Mac Studio but as I have learnt more about Apple devices I've changed my mind and now I want to concentrate on only macOS, iOS and iPadOS (and of course web development still).

Has anyone else decided to go this route or do you still develop for Android, Linux and Windows as well?
If you’re a professional developer. Why would you cut off the majority of customers?

macsplusmacs

macrumors 68030
Nov 23, 2014
If you’re a professional developer. Why would you cut off the majority of customers?

If you are using Swift / AppKit / iOS or objective C you have to start from scratch basically.

Apple gives you a LOT of frameworks that lets anyone punch above their weight class.

Windows has a lot of the same frameworks, and you have to learn and code those from scratch.

It may not even be worth it financially as well. depends on the app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.