Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tm0000

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 29, 2014
Was the problem solved? Did the new phone have the same problem?

Thanks in advance!

AppleB

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
I’m not having the charging issue but I saw this video today on YouTube.

I haven’t used the included charger I never do. I use dual Belkin charger that I’ve been using for 2 years or more.

DJ_Smith

Suspended
Sep 13, 2018
Montana USA
I’m not having the charging issue but I saw this video today on YouTube.

I haven’t used the included charger I never do. I use dual Belkin charger that I’ve been using for 2 years or more.
The issue is not the charger. It’s kind of software bug. Apple needs to patch it soon. Never experienced my self though.

Reactions: 1144557

AppleB

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
The issue is not the charger. It’s kind of software bug. Apple needs to patch it soon. Never experienced my self though.

Yes I know. But according to this guy the bug may be inhibiting charging with his iPhone supplied charger and not his fast charger. I’m not concerned because I’m not experiencing it.

navigates

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
I'm having this issue. The OP here is not asking if you are having the issue or not but if you do have it, have you got the phone replaced.

As for me, I am not that fortunate even though I can head to the apple store in the UAE. They will replace my HK dual sim version with the local esim model and no facetime.

infoghost

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2015
Maine
It's NOT an Xs issue. I've seen it on a 7. It's IOS 12. There is no need to exchange your phones. Try turning off the USB accessories security setting and rebooting. If that does not work, wait for an update to fix it or some word from Apple.

littlemidge

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2018
Chargegate..? This really is a non issue. Like, just wake your screen before plugging in. It’s a software bug that affects all iPhones. Not just the Xs and Xs max.

Edit. I mean, if it was me I’d put a sticky on the top of this forum saying that there is no “chargegate” and that in actual fact it’s down to iOS itself. Saves more threads like this.

Last edited:

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2018
Last edited:

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
Yes I know. But according to this guy the bug may be inhibiting charging with his iPhone supplied charger and not his fast charger. I’m not concerned because I’m not experiencing it.
I’m not experiencing it and I’ve tried with both the standard charger and my fast charger.

neil74

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2017
I have it and it is intermittent. Almost certainly software though, I am more worried about mobile and WiFi performance tbh.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.