Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JonSarge3108

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 11, 2015
Just wondering whether there are any 'benefits' for the iPad Pro in terms of the OS ?

angle

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2008
Michigan
It's a beta. Poor battery life is to be expected. They always do performance optimizations for battery life at the end because it's a low(er) priority.

jqc

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2007
have been running version 4 of beta since it was released (bc it solves the dead when fully charged issue); thought i wasnt getting great battery life; yesterday decided to test, ran a 1030p movie, and used 15% for 2 hours (roughly 13.3hrs extrapolated) wifi on, no bluetooth or smart cover, 50% brightness.

this morn got pretty similar results but had my Air 2 running side by side, and had the exact same percentages on both, with same parameters above.

so pretty good overall I'd say on the battery, now the trick is to not think about it and look at the percentages constantly

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
Yes using iPad Pro with 9.2 beta 4. Installed immediately after receiving to be able to restore from backup. No real issues.

The occasional battery drain problem is a thing with all iOS devices. It doesn't happen every day, - just some days. Not sure if it's an app that gets into a weird state or what, but it's annoying, certainly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.