Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MalagLagoon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 19, 2019
I've had my iPhone 7 plus since early 2017 - but, recently the vibrator/haptic/taptic stuff stopped working - and at the same time (the same day) the battery life suddenly plummeted. I figure it's a hardware problem causing both symptoms. Maybe it's time to upgrade. I'm considering getting an iPhone 11 Pro Max - it can be fun to jump right in. Anyone else traversed this path before (iPhone 7+ to 11 Pro Max)?

barbu

macrumors 65816
Jul 8, 2013
wpg.mb.ca
That’s exactly what I did. I went from 7+ Jet black to the midnight pro max. They are almost identical in size, so no change in pocket. The 11 is heavier but has crazy battery life, in my case, way better. My 7 was starting to not make it through the day, the 11 will go two.
if you’re already used to the Plus size and like it, it’s an easy decision.

Reactions: jagooch

breezyf808

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2012
I went from the 6s+ to the Pro Max; and I gotta say it’s a massive upgrade.
My phone won’t not last more than couple hours even if I was streaming Spotify.
My 6s+ camera was shot....it couldn’t focus at all and just would seem like I had Alzheimer’s.
The overall size is the same, but with the upgraded screen it’s way bigger; which means I don’t need to look for my iPad even when I’m at home.

Reactions: jagooch
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.