Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Knockoutjosie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 3, 2012
Seems like when ever I play a video on YouTube or Spotify my speakers sound terrible. Never play my phone full blast always have it less than 50% on my volume bar. Anyone know what’s up ?

PBz

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2005
SoCal
It’s not blown speakers. It’s the in-app speaker clipping I’ve been talking about for possibly a month now. It will trash your speakers, that’s a comment directly from an Apple Tech.

Knockoutjosie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 3, 2012
It’s not blown speakers. It’s the in-app speaker clipping I’ve been talking about for possibly a month now. It will trash your speakers, that’s a comment directly from an Apple Tech.
So what can I do about it ? Take it to the Apple
Store ?

Knockoutjosie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 3, 2012
Try YouTube via web, not app. Still have issue?

I’m torn.. Apple saying apps.. app developers saying Apple. Annoying. Not in all apps but horrible in some.
Yeah it’s the app. It sucks

PBz

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2005
SoCal
Yeah it’s the app. It sucks
I’ve had a lot of iPhones and never had speaker clipping issues. My opinion is it’s Apple. .. hardware or software I don’t know. I say go to store and report it. I have..several times.

Knockoutjosie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 3, 2012
I’ve had a lot of iPhones and never had speaker clipping issues. My opinion is it’s Apple. .. hardware or software I don’t know. I say go to store and report it. I have..several times.
You get a new phone ?

Barrett85

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2015
I just noticed this when using the YouTube app. Extremely annoying. I hope it’s a software issue that they resolve soon

PBz

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2005
SoCal
I just noticed this when using the YouTube app. Extremely annoying. I hope it’s a software issue that they resolve soon
I’m hoping the issue with YT brings to light the issue happening with other apps so Apple gets off their bootay. Been bugging them on this issue for weeks.
[doublepost=1510973759][/doublepost]Yup. Just tested YT app for issue. It’s definitely same issue. No way Apple can ignore now.

Reactions: Barrett85
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.