Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kerry78

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 14, 2016
Hey Guys.

So I decided to sell my iPhone 12 as the battery was needing replaced and get the 12 Pro “White / Gold” which arrived yesterday as it was completely dead in the sealed box I can only imagine it was a old stock launch one, anyway so I charged it with my fast 20w charger and it sprung to life 10mins later so I set the thing up I decided to let it charge for 4 hours on it and then overnight swap it to my old iPhone 7 standard charger but on doing this the phone came up with a message about accessory or something and wouldn’t charge so I unplugged it and tried it a few more times but kept saying the same but in the end it decided to charge with it

I’ve never had this problem with my 12 so I’m not sure why this happened? Was curious if anyone else had ran into this as well ?

Do please let me know

Ps this is my first Pro iPhone I could never afford $950 upfront for it but it was a great swap from my 12 I’m gaining a few differences and a premium looking phone lol ?
FE36D0D7-DBBF-470C-82EB-DCD6731BBA75.jpeg

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
This happened today with my mum’s SE. I used an old aftermarket lightning cable of mine to replace her damaged one and that exact message appeared on her phone. I switched it to a separate official lightning cable and it worked fine. That cable worked fine with my other phones. I obviously don’t use it anymore because I have a Belkin braided cable which I find to be far more premium than Apple’s one.

Reactions: Kerry78

Kerry78

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 14, 2016
This happened today with my mum’s SE. I used an old aftermarket lightning cable of mine to replace her damaged one and that exact message appeared on her phone. I switched it to a separate official lightning cable and it worked fine. That cable worked fine with my other phones. I obviously don’t use it anymore because I have a Belkin braided cable which I find to be far more premium than Apple’s one.
How odd, my iPhone 7 one is a official charger so it’s either the Pro 12 is just being fussy or something else weird though cos my iPhone 12 used to charge with it no problem!

Strange! Lol

Reactions: Andeddu

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
How odd, my iPhone 7 one is a official charger so it’s either the Pro 12 is just being fussy or something else weird though cos my iPhone 12 used to charge with it no problem!

Strange! Lol
Strange but can assure you it’s nothing to worry about! I used the exact cable on my own SE yesterday and it accepted it just fine whereas my mum’s SE rejected it. Odd phenomenon.

Kerry78

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 14, 2016
I guess it’s just one of those things lol thanks for reassuring me I didn’t want to go bother Apple, it’s a 2 hour trek to my local Store it’s another reason why I never got my battery replaced in my 12 lol ?

Btw thanks!

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
I guess it’s just one of those things lol thanks for reassuring me I didn’t want to go bother Apple, it’s a 2 hour trek to my local Store it’s another reason why I never got my battery replaced in my 12 lol ?

Btw thanks!

No problem. It’s a software glitch, I am sure. I recall it happening to me before on my iPhone 8 too because I used iPad and SE chargers with it. No issues with my 12 Mini though so I would just advice you to keep using your fast charger and forget the old 5w ones.

Kerry78

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 14, 2016
Yeah that’s what I will do from now just charge it when I’m awake not overnight!

Thank you that’s great to know my out the box pro 12 is fine ☺️

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.