Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XTheLancerX

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 20, 2014
NY, USA
The feature's been around since iOS 6. Hasn't worked once for me. Ever. My devices (iPod touch 5th gen and iPad mini with Retina, will be receiving an iPhone 6 later this week) are all connected with the same iCloud account, and all iCloud related features other than iCloud Tabs work fine.

I have tried all troubleshooting steps from Apple multiple times over the last several months and have had no luck, I've given up everytime. Is the feature even supposed to work between iDevices or is it only between an iDevice to a Mac and vice versa?

Handoff even works flawlessly for me. Could it have something to do with my Apple ID for the iTunes store and App Store being different than my iCloud account? I don't see any reason why that would make any difference, but hey, weird things happen.

And yes, Safari is enabled under iCloud settings. Bookmarks, favorites, and reading list all sync just fine. Tabs are also open on both devices.

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
The feature's been around since iOS 6. Hasn't worked once for me. Ever. My devices (iPod touch 5th gen and iPad mini with Retina, will be receiving an iPhone 6 later this week) are all connected with the same iCloud account, and all iCloud related features other than iCloud Tabs work fine.

I have tried all troubleshooting steps from Apple multiple times over the last several months and have had no luck, I've given up everytime. Is the feature even supposed to work between iDevices or is it only between an iDevice to a Mac and vice versa?

Handoff even works flawlessly for me. Could it have something to do with my Apple ID for the iTunes store and App Store being different than my iCloud account? I don't see any reason why that would make any difference, but hey, weird things happen.
Have had minimal problems with it.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Nope, works with iPhone / iPad/ Mac. When I multi-tab in Safari on iPad, I see a column at bottom left for Mac and bottom right for iPhone.

Have had little issue with it.

My iCloud and App store accounts, etc are all 1 single account, not multiple. I consolidated to one.

XTheLancerX

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 20, 2014
NY, USA
Nope, works with iPhone / iPad/ Mac. When I multi-tab in Safari on iPad, I see a column at bottom left for Mac and bottom right for iPhone.

Have had little issue with it.

My iCloud and App store accounts, etc are all 1 single account, not multiple. I consolidated to one.

I would like to consolidate to one but I share the Apple ID with my family so we don't have to buy apps multiple times. Yes, I know I could use Family Sharing, but I don't want to be bothered with constant pop ups asking for permission for apps, and that whole sort of thing.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
I would like to consolidate to one but I share the Apple ID with my family so we don't have to buy apps multiple times. Yes, I know I could use Family Sharing, but I don't want to be bothered with constant pop ups asking for permission for apps, and that whole sort of thing.

You can set them as parents/adults.
I set my wife as a parent, she can buy at will.

XTheLancerX

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 20, 2014
NY, USA
You can set them as parents/adults.
I set my wife as a parent, she can buy at will.

They can be set as a parent even if their age is too low for their own payment method?

And also, the shared photo album and such, it doesn't automatically sync photos does it? It's pretty much just a new photo stream album where you can pick and choose specific photos to upload to, correct? I don't want all of my pictures syncing to all my families devices automatically.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
They can be set as a parent even if their age is too low for their own payment method?

And also, the shared photo album and such, it doesn't automatically sync photos does it? It's pretty much just a new photo stream album where you can pick and choose specific photos to upload to, correct? I don't want all of my pictures syncing to all my families devices automatically.

1. I dunno.

2. yes. it's just a shared photo stream with manual control.

Parasprite

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2013
I've never had it not working. In fact, I'm astonished at how up-to-date it manages to be.

parrot5

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2010
Well handoff doesn't work for me but iCloud Tabs always do. Couple notes:
1. When you go to the tabs page, you need to scroll the page down even if you have no tabs, in order to see the tabs of the other device.
2. Make sure your Safari isn't in private mode (the top bar turns black/dark).

Kuroz

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2013
My iCloud tabs only work from ipad/iphone to macbook. If i look at something on my iPad and then go to my iphone it doesn't show up. Not sure whats wrong.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.