Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Khabbi

macrumors member
Original poster
May 8, 2009
I bought the 512GB edition, and am wondering if ANYONE is running out of memory on their AVP or if they can see that memory will actually be an issue? I am thinking that I will NOT need more memory given any scenario.

I love the Immersive video taking ability, but those videos are immediately uploaded to the cloud and saved there, so no need to get more memory for that from what I can tell. I have no need to download 3D movies onto the headset, if I am traveling I am happy sticking with regular 4K movies (but in all honesty, this will be rare).

What's everyones thought on memory? I upped mine to 512 just to be safe down the road, but I can't see personally needing 1TB right now.. let's talk about it while I'm in the return time frame. :)

Khabbi

macrumors member
Original poster
May 8, 2009
Can you amend the topic to specify STORAGE rather than memory? They’re two different things in computing.
You are absolutely correct, brain fart on this one... change is done. there's nothing we can do with the memory anyways, so that's not even an issue... The headset certainly seems up to the task as far as environment and open apps for me, I will add that. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: NT1440

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
You are absolutely correct, brain fart on this one... change is done. there's nothing we can do with the memory anyways, so that's not even an issue... The headset certainly seems up to the task as far as environment and open apps for me, I will add that. :)
This is MR, was just trying to avoid a tempest in a teapot as the anti-AVP users are looking for anything to hook their complaints onto. Thanks for the correction!

Mr.Fox

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2020
I bought the 512GB edition, and am wondering if ANYONE is running out of memory on their AVP or if they can see that memory will actually be an issue? I am thinking that I will NOT need more memory given any scenario.

I love the Immersive video taking ability, but those videos are immediately uploaded to the cloud and saved there, so no need to get more memory for that from what I can tell. I have no need to download 3D movies onto the headset, if I am traveling I am happy sticking with regular 4K movies (but in all honesty, this will be rare).

What's everyones thought on memory? I upped mine to 512 just to be safe down the road, but I can't see personally needing 1TB right now.. let's talk about it while I'm in the return time frame. :)
You forget about the weight of OS updates, applications. Today there is enough memory, and tomorrow developers will suddenly release a bunch of applications that will need to be downloaded and installed. Or you will need to download a large file while traveling. Where will you install and download? Memory card will not put, and the cloud has a limited volume, and it is not rubber. The answer is simple. Take a maximum of 1tb in reserve.

Ensyed

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2014
I am wondering if I should have bought 512
i have always bought the lowest storage for my iPhone bc I have cloud storage plus rarely download anything.
but am concerned about recording spatial videos

need to decide today

James.K.Polk

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2015
Went 256... really considered 512 for "future proofing" but I can't even figure out what's stored on-device (and get by just fine with a 256 GB iPhone and very comfortably with a 2 TB MacBook) so I figured I'd save my pennies. Might spend them on the travel case if I'm feeling really dumb...

Reactions: TLewis

Rychiar

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2006
Waterbury, CT
You forget about the weight of OS updates, applications. Today there is enough memory, and tomorrow developers will suddenly release a bunch of applications that will need to be downloaded and installed. Or you will need to download a large file while traveling. Where will you install and download? Memory card will not put, and the cloud has a limited volume, and it is not rubber. The answer is simple. Take a maximum of 1tb in reserve.
Meh but the time ya need a tb you’ll want a new Vision Pro 2 or 3

tacoshell

Contributor
Oct 9, 2008
I went with 1TB and I am still gonna need to cull my 3D pron collection more than I would like to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.